Eris and Android 2.0
Androidatic
Enthusiast - Level 3
I know that there have been no official announcements about the Eris getting 2.0. I did read here in this forum though, that the Eris was unable to handle 2.0 due to the slower processor. How is it that the Hero will be able to run 2.0 but the Eris won't? Or is that just another false rumor? Does anyone have any good info one way or the other on 2.0? I hate to get the Eris and have it not be able to handle 2.0, then all of the new apps will be designed for 2.0., which I won't have.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris and Android 2.0
one1speed

I have read else where on the interweb that Eris is supposed to get 2.0 in January 2010. While I can't confirm this, those that posted it claimed they had gotten that info from folks who work at Verizon.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

The guy at HTC has said officially that Hero and Eris will be getting 2.0.  There has been no official guestimate on a timeframe since the problem is supposed to be an issue with porting Sense UI to Android 2.0.  There were some changes that ran pretty deep in Android that made porting Sense over a bit more of a challenge so it is taking a minute.  I wish the Droid had Sense or that the Dragon/Passion was the HTC phone cause sense is awesome. 

0 Likes
Androidatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

fezzik wrote:

The guy at HTC has said officially that Hero and Eris will be getting 2.0.  There has been no official guestimate on a timeframe since the problem is supposed to be an issue with porting Sense UI to Android 2.0.  There were some changes that ran pretty deep in Android that made porting Sense over a bit more of a challenge so it is taking a minute.  I wish the Droid had Sense or that the Dragon/Passion was the HTC phone cause sense is awesome. 

Did you see it some where on the interwebs or talk to someone? I would just like to see it for myself, that's all. I too have heard that they are working on the Sense/2.0 interface, but I wans't sure if the Eris was able to handle 2.0 or not. Also, that means that the Passion/Dragon/Psion won't be out anytime soon since it's supposed to be 2.0 with Sense.. And I agree, Sense is the best innovation in mobile phones in a long, long time (aside from Android, of course).
0 Likes