Eris Update issues...
turtlegirl39

I curious how many people are experiencing multiple issues with their phones since the 2.1 Update....

1. Camera pictures are blurry. Doesnt seem to focus as well as before.

2. Lose all sounds during calls

3. Unable to access screen during calls. Makes it impossible to check voice mail ect...

4. Phone lags

5. Mp3 store and other apps run even after I use task killer

6. Battery life is less. (updated claims to make it better)

7. When I load Facebook I have to refresh the page to see any new posts. Even after using task killer an old page always pops up.

8. Sometimes my phone doesnt seem to charge.

9. Only 1-2 signal bars. Used to be 3-4

10. When I turn my phone on, it resends some text messages.

These are just what I have come across so far. What, if anything, is being done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris Update issues...
anchor328

1. Same quality pictures on mine as pre 2.1.

2. Sound has not cut out on me during a call at all.

3. I am able to access screens on calls with no problem before and after 2.1.

4. My phone is faster 2.1.

5. I have not tested this.

6. Same usage for me.

7. Got me on this one. I don't use it like that.

8. My phone has not had this issue.

9. Really, who cares how sensative the bar meter is? I have noticed no change in placing or receiving a call.

10. Mine has not resent any message upon powering up.

0 Likes
mm101017
Eris Update issues... 

I curious how many people are experiencing multiple issues with their phones since the 2.1 Update....

1. Camera pictures are blurry. Doesnt seem to focus as well as before. YES same here -- terrible resolution

2. Lose all sounds during calls -- YES - has dropped calls

3. Unable to access screen during calls. Makes it impossible to check voice mail ect... NOT YET

4. Phone lags -YES - Terribly slow, have to hit back button, menu button, or home button at least 4 or 5 times, and lots of crashes, and timed out apps, which I never had before

5. Mp3 store and other apps run even after I use task killer --NOT Sure

6. Battery life is less. (updated claims to make it better) -- YES

7. When I load Facebook I have to refresh the page to see any new posts. Even after using task killer an old page always pops up. YES and pictures for contacts from facebook are blurry

8. Sometimes my phone doesnt seem to charge. NOT yet

9. Only 1-2 signal bars. Used to be 3-4 -- NOT sure

10. When I turn my phone on, it resends some text messages. NOT YET

These are just what I have come across so far. What, if anything, is being done?

0 Likes
turtlegirl39
Calls aren't dropping. I'm still connected to my call, just losing all audio. They can't hear me, I can't hear them.
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
My two suggestions would be to do a factory reset and stop using task killers. The factory rest will return your phone back to factory settings which may clear up some of your bugs, although you will have to set your phone back up the way you like it, something vzw was trying to avoid with the update. Before you do this you will need to back up your apps with something like appbrain (available in the market) just in case it clears those. Also make sure all your contacts are synced with google so that you can get those back. This process wont affect your sd card. As for the task killer, if your apps aren't done with what they are doing, they will try and restart so your best bet is to exit using the back button or, better yet, see if there is an exit function. If this doesn't work, take your phone back and get a replacement.
0 Likes
unhappyhtc

2. Lose all sounds during calls - same for me

3. Unable to access screen during calls. Makes it impossible to check voice mail ect...

4. Phone lags - dont know - cant make or receive calls since this upgrade

5. Mp3 store and other apps run even after I use task killer - same for me

6. Battery life is less. (updated claims to make it better) - same for me

7. When I load Facebook I have to refresh the page to see any new posts. Even after using task killer an old page always pops up. - havent tried this

8. Sometimes my phone doesnt seem to charge. - same for me

9. Only 1-2 signal bars. Used to be 3-4 - same for me

10. When I turn my phone on, it resends some text messages. - havent noticed this yet

This is absolutely unacceptable. Cant rely on the phone since the upgrade.

0 Likes
paul81
YES to all the above. I loved my Eris before the update, now not so much. Please tell me something is being done about this.
0 Likes
Samnfty

I've definitely noticed the following issues, lost sound being the worst:

Lose all sounds during calls, actually losing all sound period, randomly through the day, with the only solution being to restart the phone

Phone lags, definitely lagging when sound drops

Only 1-2 signal bars. Used to be 3-4, service is definitly seeming worse

After spending about 10 minutes with a Verizon tech who hadn't heard of the sound issue they transferred me to HTC who also hadn't heard of the sound issue. They had me do a factory reset. Sound issue reappeared. I'll try HTC again tomorrow and see if they've found a fix. I'm guessing an update will be coming down in the near future.

0 Likes
raincheque

I am having these same issues; i thought it was just my phone.

turtlegirl39 wrote:

1. Camera pictures are blurry. Doesnt seem to focus as well as before.

2. Lose all sounds during calls

4. Phone lags

5. Mp3 store and other apps run even after I use task killer

6. Battery life is less. (updated claims to make it better)

7. When I load Facebook I have to refresh the page to see any new posts. Even after using task killer an old page always pops up.

8. Sometimes my phone doesnt seem to charge.

9. Only 1-2 signal bars. Used to be 3-4

10. When I turn my phone on, it resends some text messages.

0 Likes
sswrighton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting these same issues on my wife's Eris.  We're almost to the point where it'll just be easier to pay off verizon to get out of our contract and switch to a different cell provider.