Re: Eris Update 2.1
ErisMan

I did the reset and it is SO much faster now.  I have all of the widgets, the phone now locks and sleeps like it used to when pushing the red call end button.

I bet the battery improves as well.  I think what happens is you download so many programs that some of the settings start to slow it down, etc.

The only thing I don't have is the homepage weather animation, do we get that on the Eris?  I thought we did.  Maybe there is a specific way to set it.  I am excited now, it will take time to reset and plan all of my pages again but it was very much worth it.  It feels like a different phone!

0 Likes
Mrcold24

I don't mind most of the bugs but the one that is bugging me most is my Facebook app is no longer working. When I click on the Facebook icon, go into News I get "Sorry" process com.facebook.katana...blah blah and Force close. This sucks as I use this to keep in touch....... Any others getting this o rknow how to fix it??

0 Likes
ErisMan

My weather animations work, I just didn't notice them.  So to recap the factory data reset really did work for me, there are now no issues at all with my phone.  I did have issues though as I mentioned after doing the OTA update.

0 Likes
blueydgypsy

Face book Sync issues

Found this on the HTC site posted by "mike"  he wrote"I went into FB online and deleted any applications for HTC or Android, then changed my FB name to only letters.  Then I went on the phone and deleted the FB for HTC sense from my phone (through the sync settings) and restarted the phone.  Then I added the FB account back into my phone and voila!!!  It started syncing with no error message."

I tried this and it worked! My phone is now working again. I am so excited!

Peg

0 Likes
vlinkous

Hey Dangerous....love the voice to text.....but one question...what is the other app in there?  something like clicker?

Thanks

0 Likes
elkinsg1

I also do not have a contact icon..I have a people icon, but this gives me all people in facebook and anyone else. I also do not have all contacts back, only got about 1/4 of them back..Is there a way to get a contact icon back, specifically for people i call only

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
I use Bloo for facebook myself. Best app for it out there as far as I have seen. It's free in the market.
0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

blueydgypsy wrote:

Face book Sync issues

Found this on the HTC site posted by "mike"  he wrote"I went into FB online and deleted any applications for HTC or Android, then changed my FB name to only letters.  Then I went on the phone and deleted the FB for HTC sense from my phone (through the sync settings) and restarted the phone.  Then I added the FB account back into my phone and voila!!!  It started syncing with no error message."

I tried this and it worked! My phone is now working again. I am so excited!

Peg

Bascially the short/long version of doing a factory reset. When the OTA was done it doesn't reset the data on your apps, so it sounds like everyone should do that or a factory reset. You lose all your apps but you can back them up using astro file explorer to your SD card.
0 Likes
cgold56

URGENT!!  I've received the email that says I'm about to get the upgrade OTA to my phone...  I've already upgraded to the leaked version 3 (with all the matching numbers to the OTA version) and, after a few issues, am VERY HAPPY with the software and everything works as it should.  What benefits and what risks do I face if I do.... or do not the OTA upgrade???  Would appreciate help.  THANKS<

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

cgold56 wrote:

URGENT!!  I've received the email that says I'm about to get the upgrade OTA to my phone...  I've already upgraded to the leaked version 3 (with all the matching numbers to the OTA version) and, after a few issues, am VERY HAPPY with the software and everything works as it should.  What benefits and what risks do I face if I do.... or do not the OTA upgrade???  Would appreciate help.  THANKS<

I got the same email. The OTA won't even show up for ya. We can't do a manual install either. Your version works just as good and it was basically like reinstalling a computer operating system when you did it, which is better than an update/upgrade. I am using the same as you and I have had NO problems with mine. I don't have voice to text(which can be downloaded from a link here in th eforums, which I am doing after posting this) nor bluetooth voice dialing which no Eris owner has. A hug eoversight by HTC not to have fixed by now. Don't worry about the update and if it should show up, decline to use it.
0 Likes