Re: Eris Update 2.1
sfreilinger

Anyone else having trouble syncing to Google Calendar after the update?  It says it is syncing but it just sits there with the sync icon spinning.  Eventually I get a Force Close if I try to view the calendar....

0 Likes
LooseCannon

An easy and more stress free way to sync your contacts back to the eris after update. At home screen, press menu, settings, accounts & sync, then simply sync your google account.

i ran into the same issue as alot of people have with the confusion of how to get my contacts back after update and after just a few minutes of playing around i go it.

hope his helps anyone.

0 Likes
LooseCannon

From the accounts & sync option in the settings menu you can also sync various accounts and options. Thought I'd add that in.

0 Likes
xblueroses10x

When you are on your home page where you want the weather/clock widget, click on the + and click HTC Widget.  Choose the Clock Widget and you can select which one you want.  I believe the 3rd or 4th option is the one with the clock and weather. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

Wastewin wrote:

I did the update on Saturday morning and my phone worked fine until later that afternoon.  It could not make or accept calls.  It was just complete dead silence when I attempted either.  I turned off my phone that night and on Sunday morning it worked fine.  Today I could not check my voicemail.  I could not make any calls.  It says that I'm in the call but all you can hear is silence.  I turned my phone off and on and then it finally worked again.  This is a major issue as a phone is used to MAKE CALLS.  Not sure what to do about this.  Anyone else?

Actually, mine's done that a couple of times since updating as well. I make a call, it shows it's in the call, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When this happens, I also lose my voice search function. Powering the phone off and back on seems to cure it. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue. Might be worth opening another thread to see if anyone else is experiencing this. Did you get he OTA, or did you do a manual update??
0 Likes
ripple

After receiving the update the contacts Icon on the home page is missing on my wifes phone, she was able to retrieve her contacts after signing back into the gmail account but only able to access them through the "all people" shortcut.

See preferred the contacts shortcut with the image files in the contact listing.  any ideas how to get this one back?

0 Likes
ksd

Interesting that since the OA update early Sunday morning, I have had two dropped calls - which never happened before the update.  I did power off the phone, remove the battery, replace it after 20 sec.  I don't know if this fixed the problem.   But the BIG QUESTION is:  What is htc doing about all this stuff??  Or is this a VerizonWireless issue?

0 Likes
ErisMan

That is the thing, when clicking on WTC widgets it is an incomplete list of widgets available, ie, no clocks, no calendar, and I am sure others.  You can not add it by updating either.

0 Likes
LooseCannon

So, an issue that I've recently ran into post 2.1 update is that when the rington volume is maxed out the phone rings silently (vibrates) this is a HUGE problem. The issue only started after I had turned the volume to vibrate then about an hour later turned the volume back up all the way... Not quite sure how to resolve this.

Also somethin I'm curious about is, when a contact is linked to Facebook in my phone, I cannot set the contacts own personal picture, it automatically takes the persons Facebook profile picture and sets it as the contact picture. Any ideas??

0 Likes
LooseCannon

ripple wrote:

After receiving the update the contacts Icon on the home page is missing on my wifes phone, she was able to retrieve her contacts after signing back into the gmail account but only able to access them through the "all people" shortcut.

See preferred the contacts shortcut with the image files in the contact listing.  any ideas how to get this one back?

Add to home, programs, people...     ???

0 Likes