Re: Eris Update 2.1
ksd

My download was smooth, and quick, and I love so many of the features ( except for having to pay for visual VM...), so I am pretty happy, but I do think that HTC is very helpful every time I have called them with a question. Also Call VerizonWireless, their customer service people are really very helpful, too. I call support people a LOT, because I am not the techie-est person on the planet.:womanhappy:

0 Likes
ajdblewide

:mansurprised:I think that hell just froze over and pigs started to fly. I am D/L the update right now

0 Likes
cmartin45

Has anyone else, after the update, noticed that the signal strength changed?  When running 1.5 I used to get 2-3 bars in my apartment and as soon as I walked outside it jumped to full bars.  Now that I've updated, I get 1 bar inside and only 2 once I go outside.  I've done the PRL update a few times now to no avail.  I'm just wondering what the hell's going on here.

0 Likes
anchor328

I did the manual install from phandroid.com and had no issues at all.

Now my dad's phone received the update over the air and he had a weather program problem. The only thing that fixed it from locking up (the program not the phone) was to do a factory reset which was no issue as all contact information was stored on gmail.com.

With some internet searching I have 3D Gallery and Speech to Text on the Eris as well. Both work super well. For all the soothsayers who said that our phone could not handle speech to text or 3D Gallery because of battery or hardware limitations consider yourself wrong. I have seen no difference in battery performance nor any lag at all while in 3D Gallery or using Speech to Text mic button on the keyboard.

0 Likes
vanced99

I received the message yesterday ran the update. It was frustrating having to redo all the customizing I had done to get the phone doing exactly what I want. Now, when I plug the phone in for charging through my USB (haven't used it with wall plug yet), the ring tones will now sound for calls, messages, etc. It only vibrates. Otherwise, when not plugged in, all is fine. ???

0 Likes
MizHell

Got the update. All's well except...what the heck happened to the clock/weather app on the homepage? I can seem to get it back or find it anywhere. Can anyone out there help with this? (I'm talking about just the standard display...not any funky app that I installed).

0 Likes
vanced99

Sorry, I missed a very important piece of info...when the phone is charging, it seems to disconnect the SD memory card where my songs & downloaded ringtones are thus they will not work when receiving a call, message, etc.

0 Likes
Wastewin

I did the update on Saturday morning and my phone worked fine until later that afternoon.  It could not make or accept calls.  It was just complete dead silence when I attempted either.  I turned off my phone that night and on Sunday morning it worked fine.  Today I could not check my voicemail.  I could not make any calls.  It says that I'm in the call but all you can hear is silence.  I turned my phone off and on and then it finally worked again.  This is a major issue as a phone is used to MAKE CALLS.  Not sure what to do about this.  Anyone else?

0 Likes
ksd

Since the update, Sunday morning,  a few issues have surfaced:

one of my apps would not work, so I uninstalled it.

Voice quality on calls is iffy and cuts in and out

today actually had a dropped call!  

I am going to power off the phone, remove the battery for about 20 secs, and see if that works.

Also, and this is from VerizonWireless tech support, dial *288, option 1, which they told me to do about a month ago when the phone acted funny - they told me to do this now and then, to "update" any bug fixes, etc.

0 Likes
supernova
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the update yesterday morning. Other than having to reset my shortcuts and widgets, no problems with the install, but a few problems have crept up since then:

*The gmail icon on my home screen continues to show that I have an unread message, even though my messages have all been read.

*The touch screen seems a bit glitchier, particularly when I slide the top notification panel down. I also noticed this when I was playing Alphamixer. I had to tap the same button several times before the phone recognized it. I've never experienced a problem with that app, so I suspect it's an issue with the phone.

*I can't seem to create a shortcut to google maps and gps. It allows me to name it and choose my icon, but it won't save.

Overall, I'm happy with the update and I love the easy access to all screens. I installed Shoutout for the voice to text and it works ok so far, but I'd love to hear about any other apps that might be more user friendly. With Shoutout, you need to press a button when you talk- maybe they're all like that, but I would prefer something more hands-free.

0 Likes