Eris Update 2.1
skidude

Has anyone got the update? If you have not received the notification yet, is there a way to get the update?

When I do the settings system says up to date?

Just curious.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris Update 2.1
Gunslngr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two of the phones. Still waiting on updates for both. bawww

0 Likes
Tatfreak

I havent got the update either but it has been rolling out and will be for the next 11 days to random phones until every Eris has it. When you get it it will appear like a app update in the top notification bar as a System Update and when you slect reboot & install it will start the install process. Unfortunately there is no way to hurry up getting the update for any particualr phone. For now it's just a wating game and chance decides when we may get it. Could be any time from this minute to 11 days from now and I hope its not the later cause I have been wanting this update for a while now and I refused to put the leak on my phone when it came out. Hope you get yours soon. When I get mine I'll post here and let you know what time of the day I got mine. Good Luck!

0 Likes
anchor328

I got the update on one of my phones. Other then eye candy you won't notice anything different. You have access to 2.1 apps. The useful added functionalities from 2.1 are not included in our Eris update. Specifically 3D Gallery and Speech to text are missing.

0 Likes
Steve_CTR
0 Likes
anchor328

Woot! Well snap! I got gallery now!

Thanks Steve!

0 Likes
anchor328

Steve all I have to say is wow just wow! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
gpa111

It has issues, the resolution is not right, and the images are also displaying in the wrong res, and if you hit the camera it FC's.

But it works nonetheless.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

gpa111 wrote:

It has issues, the resolution is not right, and the images are also displaying in the wrong res, and if you hit the camera it FC's.

But it works nonetheless.

This one is updated with the camera fix. Check it out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=675128

0 Likes
lakleeman

The wife's Eris finally got the update message.

During the update, it said I need to remove some apps because it needs more space to perform the update. So, I removed some apps and it restarted. Now, I see the animated circle with the message "loading..." It's been doing this for at least 45 minutes ... I powered off and on, and get the same message and animation.

Is something wrong with my upgrade process? How long has the upgrade taken you? an hour?! or just a few minutes? Maybe I should call Verizon...

0 Likes