Eris - Revert back to 1.5??
zenuke

is this possible? the 2.x update for the Eris is really aggravating me. It's slow, it eats the battery faster, it runs random programs at random times that I don't want there. Sooooo many things are just annoying the hell out of me with it that I want the simplicity to 1.5 back. I am also having issues with 2.x in terms of the browser, and thing just crashing/closing that it is doing more harm to my usage than good things. 

any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Eris - Revert back to 1.5??
zenuke

Also can no longer get work email without having to put in a ridiculous password every time the screen lots. It's not even an intuitive password screen. 1.5 did not do this.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if 1.5 is what it came with, then i believe you could do a hard (or factory) reset. you'll lose everything and have to set it all back up, but it should reset it to the version that came on the phone. i know on apps, you can uninstall the most recent update that you installed.....but i don't know on the eris if you can do that to the operating system?

0 Likes
zenuke

they don't update the hard set with a new OS version? 

I guess since most stuff is sync'd to google anyway, doesn't take long to re-setup.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
It will reset the system with 2.1 if he had the original 1.5 installed and then had the OTA update. There is no way to go back to 1.5 that I am aware of so far. I was giving my friend a week to see if they get a base image to use to reinstall 1.5 for those that used a leak version, but not sure it will happen. Boot loaders are different in the leak versus the original. Short answer No, but tech services might be able to. I'm not positive yes or no at this time. He said we could play with it depending on what they sent to the techs.
0 Likes
Frostwolf

There is actually a way to do it but it may brick your phone to do it, go poke arround xda or android forums (or droid forums for that matter...)

Or you could take the phone back to the store and beg them to flash the 1.5 rom back onto the device....

0 Likes