Re: Eris Questions
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

ckbwow wrote:

I have had the Eris for a couple of months now, and am very happy with it.  At times, it is smarter than I am!!!    I have had a couple of issues however. 

One, I can't send pics to any of my iphone friends.  Other networks are fine, but there is something about the iphone that isn't jivving with the Eris, and pictures.  They can send to me,but I can send to them.  I have called, and the info is going through to the att data people, but the iphone person isn't getting the pic.  They have called ATT, and have gotten no where, and I have called Verizon, and have gotten stuck.  I'm not sure what to do at this point, and it's very frustrating.

Two, my mom signed in here to check on a few things, as she is on my account, and was able to see, and read text messages.  I have tried to find my text messages, when I sign in to My Verizon, but I can't find them on the website.  How is it that my mom could find them, and read them, but I couldn't?  Can anyone on our account sign in and read text messages?   Can this be turned off?

And, I somehow managed to push the wrong button, and disabled my SD card/sim card, and now I can't take pictures, and I'm not sure how to get it back....if anyone can help me with this, that would be great!  Otherwise, I will stumble my way through it, and figure it out. 

Think that's all for now!   Thanks for anyone's help!!

CKB

I'm not aware of any option on the myverizon website that allows any user to look at any other user's text messages. You can view the number of messages sent and received and to/from what number, but not read any actual content. If I'm wrong, I'd be interested in knowing how that's done. Personally, when I have the need to, I just take my daughter's phone and look at them there. :smileyhappy: She doesn't much care for it, but she's 12 and I pay for the phone, so I'll do as I please with it. Besides, it's good to keep tabs on these things - it's a crazy world out there.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
Since you say you're not "tech savvy", maybe a little more detail is in order?? You have accidentally "unmounted" your SD card and need to "mount" it. I don't know why you can "unmount" your card through the settings menu, but can't remount it that way. You'll need to pop off the battery compartment cover. There's a little slot on top next to the headphone jack that you can stick a fingernail or tiny screwdriver into and just gently pop the cover off. Now that you're staring at the uncovered back of the phone, near your bottom right side you'll see a tiny sticker that says SD card. It's in there. Push it in gently with a fingernail or tiny screwdriver and it will pop out at you. Now push it back in until it latches and it will remount itself. Snap the cover back on and you're good to go.
0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

"Two, my mom signed in here to check on a few things, as she is on my account, and was able to see, and read text messages."

Umm, I cant find where this is... I know I can see the gerenal text message details, but not the "text" message itself.

0 Likes
ckbwow

I was able to 'remount' the sd card, via my computer, so now it works!!  Wahoo!   I actually figured something out on my own!!

Not sure about the text message thing iteself either....I can log into the website, and see text usage, but not read the actual texts, so I have no idea how she found them!!   It was probably by accident, but still....why are they able to be viewed in the first place? 

Thanks for everyone's help/suggestions!!  It's nice to be able to try different things!!  

0 Likes