Eris Questions
ckbwow

I have had the Eris for a couple of months now, and am very happy with it.  At times, it is smarter than I am!!!    I have had a couple of issues however. 

One, I can't send pics to any of my iphone friends.  Other networks are fine, but there is something about the iphone that isn't jivving with the Eris, and pictures.  They can send to me,but I can send to them.  I have called, and the info is going through to the att data people, but the iphone person isn't getting the pic.  They have called ATT, and have gotten no where, and I have called Verizon, and have gotten stuck.  I'm not sure what to do at this point, and it's very frustrating.

Two, my mom signed in here to check on a few things, as she is on my account, and was able to see, and read text messages.  I have tried to find my text messages, when I sign in to My Verizon, but I can't find them on the website.  How is it that my mom could find them, and read them, but I couldn't?  Can anyone on our account sign in and read text messages?   Can this be turned off?

And, I somehow managed to push the wrong button, and disabled my SD card/sim card, and now I can't take pictures, and I'm not sure how to get it back....if anyone can help me with this, that would be great!  Otherwise, I will stumble my way through it, and figure it out. 

Think that's all for now!   Thanks for anyone's help!!

CKB

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris Questions
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

ckbwow wrote:

I have had the Eris for a couple of months now, and am very happy with it.  At times, it is smarter than I am!!!    I have had a couple of issues however. 

One, I can't send pics to any of my iphone friends.  Other networks are fine, but there is something about the iphone that isn't jivving with the Eris, and pictures.  They can send to me,but I can send to them.  I have called, and the info is going through to the att data people, but the iphone person isn't getting the pic.  They have called ATT, and have gotten no where, and I have called Verizon, and have gotten stuck.  I'm not sure what to do at this point, and it's very frustrating.

Two, my mom signed in here to check on a few things, as she is on my account, and was able to see, and read text messages.  I have tried to find my text messages, when I sign in to My Verizon, but I can't find them on the website.  How is it that my mom could find them, and read them, but I couldn't?  Can anyone on our account sign in and read text messages?   Can this be turned off?

And, I somehow managed to push the wrong button, and disabled my SD card/sim card, and now I can't take pictures, and I'm not sure how to get it back....if anyone can help me with this, that would be great!  Otherwise, I will stumble my way through it, and figure it out. 

Think that's all for now!   Thanks for anyone's help!!

CKB

okay lets begin:

IPHONE HATES VERIZON. you will never be able to send pics to the iphone because IT knows we are better and this is a way for it to get back at us.  no really. check the size of the file.  i think the iphone can only handle a certain size pic and the pic you are trying to send is more than the iphone can handle.  and then there is always THE IPHONE HATES VERIZON.  they will never get over that Verizon turned them down first so the iphone had to settle for AT&T.

Is this really YOUR account or YOUR MOMS?  cuz i see family share and to me that means someone else is paying for it.  and if they are paying for your minutes then they have the right to see what you are transmitting on thier dime. if you dont want her to see what you are saying, then you need to pay for your own line.

you simply unmounted you sd card.  take out the sd card and re-insert it back into its proper slot.  you will then have re-mounted the sd card and you can now record info on it.

0 Likes
ckbwow

I'm getting the whole 'iphone hates verizon'....I did learn that the contract with att/iphone is up in June, so maybe I can get somewhere after that.   And yes, I wondered about the file size as well, but the Eris compressed the file so it was able to send, and it still didn't work.  I suppose we will have to be patient.  Still, frustrating to say the least.

The account is mine, so that's why I was curious as to my mom being able to see texts.   She is on my account, so that she has a phone, in case of emergency.   I was just curious to see if this feature could be turned off at all?  

And as far as the SD card goes, where the heck is it, on the Eris?   the body of the phone is so smooth, there doesn't appear to be a  place to eject the card, and reinstall....there is a little slot next to the headphone port that looks like I could pop off, but I'm a bit scared to do that..I don't want to break anything!  

Thanks again for your help!!

CKB

0 Likes
mari1103

My husband has an iPhone and I have the Eris and in the beginning I had problems sending him pics and videos, but lately its been working fine. I send him pics all the time of our kids and he gets them for the most part, sometimes he will not get one, but he's been getting them. I had a problem with the Handcent TXT app and sending pics to him, but then I've been using the default messaging app on the phone to send him pics.

I know I had changed the default message size to 1.2MB so I can send pics and videos, I changed the video setting to record no more than 1MB and kept the photo quality at normal instead of high....

So, Idk...maybe check your settings and change them??

0 Likes
ckbwow

mari1103:  Thanks so much for that tip...I will try it and see where it gets me.....

0 Likes
mari1103

Hope it works for you! And if you had the handcent app, they had updated it to fix some of the pic problems so it should work better now too.

0 Likes
ckbwow

How in the heck do I get the SD/sim card out of the Eris?  I need to take it out, and put it back in to see if it resets.  I disabled the card, somehow,and now I can't send any pics, or take any pics....yes, yes, I'm not tech savvy at all!!!

If anyone can help, it would be great. 

thanks!

ckb

0 Likes
The_Aussie

remove the back cover the SD card slot is located on the side....

0 Likes
anchor328

I would just mount the SD card to the computer via the USB cable. But if you absolutely need the card out I believe it's found under the battery. But if you are going to take the card out have the phone prepair the card for removal - aka unmount it. If you were to just pop the battery off and yank the card out you might damage it and lose all data. These cards need to be handled in a specific way- aka mount and unmount.

That being said to mount the card to your computer you conect the two via the USB cable. In the notification screen of the phone you will see mention USB connection - tap the notice and a new window will pop up asking if you want the mount the card - click "mount or ok" which ever it has. Now you can transfer files and delete as you would a normal hard drive. Once you have completed file management of card UNMOUNT it. You can do that from the phone's notification screen again or you can right click the card on the computer's file manager and click "eject."

I hope this helps you on your quest for card access.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

ckbwow wrote:

I'm getting the whole 'iphone hates verizon'....I did learn that the contract with att/iphone is up in June, so maybe I can get somewhere after that.   And yes, I wondered about the file size as well, but the Eris compressed the file so it was able to send, and it still didn't work.  I suppose we will have to be patient.  Still, frustrating to say the least.

The account is mine, so that's why I was curious as to my mom being able to see texts.   She is on my account, so that she has a phone, in case of emergency.   I was just curious to see if this feature could be turned off at all?  

And as far as the SD card goes, where the heck is it, on the Eris?   the body of the phone is so smooth, there doesn't appear to be a  place to eject the card, and reinstall....there is a little slot next to the headphone port that looks like I could pop off, but I'm a bit scared to do that..I don't want to break anything!  

Thanks again for your help!!

CKB

my bad on the account thing.  the fact that you allow her access to the account is the reason why she is able to see your messages.

i am unsure if Verizon allows a limited access site for accounts where other people on the account can only view certain information.

the only way for you to make sure that she stops checking the texts is to change the password and deny her access to it.

0 Likes