Eris OTA update, did it go smoothly? Here are my issues....
ErisMan

I always find it interesting that some people get these updates with no issues and others have all kinds of issues.  Is this the norm?

After playing around with the phone all day, I too lost all the screens and am trying to recreate what I had, these are the issues that someone at HTC should address...(at least issues I am having)

1) Locking phone doesn't work like it used to by hitting red call end button.  You have to wait until it automatically does it.

2) No weather/clock and other widgets that are supposed to be listed under HTC widgets but are not.  Updating doesn't get them either.  I think this is supposed to be the exciting weather full screen "live wallpaper" type of thing as well.

3) I still can't find where to program the track ball if you can believe that.

4)  My Facebook problem ended up fixing itself and syncing, it just took a little while.

5)  I can't seem to find the little toggle switches you used to be able to add to a screen such as GPS and Internet so you could quickly click them on and off.  I do see that powerbar thing but am not sure if it works correctly.

That is really it unless I am forgetting something.  The big ones for me are the locking/sleeping function, and the home page clock/weather, which gets looks from people and myself all day long!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris OTA update, did it go smoothly? Here are my issues....
yashachan

1) This still functions like it did pre-update for me. Clicking the end call button turns off the screen and locks it.

2) That's very odd. Weather and clock are there for me, just finished setting them up how I like them.

3) You can program the trackball?

5) Those toggle switches are under HTC widget > Settings. You could also use a shortcut to get to some settings.

My biggest issue is that my  phone notifies me when a message sends successfully... only it's not set to do that. It's set to tell me if there's a failure with a sent message. If someone has some thoughts on this, I'd like to hear them. 'Cause the nearest Verizon kiosk is a 40 minute drive away (and the nearest store is a 1.5 hour drive away).

0 Likes
toms31

i found out if you do a full reset of the phone it should take care of the issue

0 Likes
leeannsb

Full reset?  How do you do that?

I was getting the sent message notifications too, but they mysteriously stopped.  Now my issue is that when my contacts first appeared, all of the numbers were there but the names were all "unknown."  Tried to resync them, but it kept saying it couldn't find HTC Sync on my computer.  When I followed the link to download HTC Sync, it doesn't even list the Eris on the HTC support website!  I finally just did an import from gmail and it fixed the unknown name part but.....NOW I have a zillion extra contacts because it synced EVERYONE on my facebook page!  And I can't figure out how to delete them!  Grrrr......

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

ErisMan wrote:

I always find it interesting that some people get these updates with no issues and others have all kinds of issues.  Is this the norm?

After playing around with the phone all day, I too lost all the screens and am trying to recreate what I had, these are the issues that someone at HTC should address...(at least issues I am having)

1) Locking phone doesn't work like it used to by hitting red call end button.  You have to wait until it automatically does it.

2) No weather/clock and other widgets that are supposed to be listed under HTC widgets but are not.  Updating doesn't get them either.  I think this is supposed to be the exciting weather full screen "live wallpaper" type of thing as well.

3) I still can't find where to program the track ball if you can believe that.

4)  My Facebook problem ended up fixing itself and syncing, it just took a little while.

5)  I can't seem to find the little toggle switches you used to be able to add to a screen such as GPS and Internet so you could quickly click them on and off.  I do see that powerbar thing but am not sure if it works correctly.

That is really it unless I am forgetting something.  The big ones for me are the locking/sleeping function, and the home page clock/weather, which gets looks from people and myself all day long!

#1 -if you used Spare Part to change the red button behavior, its only compatible with Andorid 1.5 and upgrading messes up 2.1. You need to go back into Spare Parts and change the setting back to default.

0 Likes