Eris Bluetooth disconnecting
twoof1

Just received my Eris yesterday and everything set up fine. Exchange server sync, Gmail sync, etc. All is well in Erisland except for when I pair my in-car Bluetooth (2010 Audi A4) to my Eris. The unit will pair and connect but it keeps dropping the connection every few minutes. I then need to manually re-connect and again after a few minutes it will disconnect.

I have seen on the Google Android code forum (issue 3960) that this is a known issue with many makes & models of vehicles with in-car Bluetooth systems. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

I know the Bluetooth system works on the car as the iPhone I just ditched yesterday for this Eris worked flawlessly. I know the Bluetooth on the phone works as I can pair it with a Plantronics 640 headset and it works fine. Unfortunately this may be a deal breaker for me as I need to be able to use the in-car Bluetooth system.

Other than this one issue so far I love the Eris!

TIA for your response

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris Bluetooth disconnecting
rsempsey

I am having the same issue with the Eris and a Pioneer DEH-9800BT.  It connects fine with a Motorola HT820 headset, but on the Pioneer, it disconnects after a few seconds.  It will connect with the Pioneer as BT audio, but if I turn that profile off I only get seconds.  I did notice that it says that the name of my devise is "Name Not Found".  A soultion to this would be nice.

0 Likes
scd001

This is due to the Droid upgrade.  I confirmed this with HTC.  The Eris does not work with the new OS for bluetooth and they do not have a patch yet.  Bluetooth does work for other HTC devices, but not for this one. 

I've tried with multiple devices, including Motorola headsets and my Pioneer BTB-200 in hopes that something would work.  But after calling HTC and Verizon, I know I'm out of luck for now.

0 Likes
birdsncrabs

I've got another spin on this. I'd have this a couple of cycles of this ending with me restoring my phone to factory defaults. I can use Bluetooth with my car until I add Exchange to my corporate mail box. After that I cannot hold a bluetooth connection to my car until I drop back to factory defaults. I've been find for the past few weeks because after the last restore I didn't add the exchange sync to my work email.

0 Likes