droid eris update...where is it
Theritz

Now that march has passed and it is now may im left wondering where this update is...According to htc on there end everything is set in place it is now in the hands of Verizon.So what are they doing about it..I can't help but wonder how it is decided that whatever upgrade they are planning on dropping whenever they decide they might actually do such a thing. Are justified for the droid and not the eris. Its not a wonder people would rather go with crappy service of at&t for the iphone.Is it because Verizon doesn't care about the people that have contracts already.Or just a perception of ignorance or indifference among droid eris users. I take the lack of information regarding this as an insult to e everyone who was waiting patiently for an update that would stop a screen locking bug, that locks your phone completely god help the person who is hit by a car and can't call for help cause the screen on there phone is bugged and can't be opened..im sure they will have the wherewithal to turn their phone off by pulling out the battery, then starting it up again and having to wait 3 minutes for it to restart. Maybe its just me(which it is not), but I do believe that eris users deserve the same rights as any other droid users...'htc and customers are waiting where is Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: droid eris update...where is it
sherweed

I have been emailing back and forth with Verizon all week about this and have received 3 different sets of answers. One rep said it just takes a long time to roll out such updates and they can't promise when it will happen, another said they are waiting on Google to release 2.1 for the Eris and they have no control over when that will happen, and the third said Verizon is just the carrier so they have no control over the process at all.

After more than a decade of loyalty to this company, I have concluded that they simply do not care about their customers' satisfaction. Until they start to lost market share, they will not be responsive or responsible.

0 Likes