Eris 2.1 Problems
gluehuffer

Reading HTC forums and forum here it is apparent that the 2.1 update is causing all kinds of problems with the Eris. Calls going directly to voicemail, messages not getting delivered, dialing one number and ringing another, apps constantly starting by themselves, blank screens, horrible battery life, and on and on and on. Verizon, any idea how you are going to fix this and when?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris 2.1 Problems
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

At this time there is no information on when or how a fix for the Eris 2.1 update will come about.

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

it's good this VZW rep told you there is no fix right now. a VZW & HTC rep told me to do a hard reset as well as reading on here that some have done that.  wish i had not.  only thing working now is the setting of my speed dials.  battery life is horrendus; MUCH WORSE than before. prior to update, could go 1 - 1.5 days on a charge. now i must charge 2x a day. the reset or 2.1 did not help the battery issue.  had probs with my clock, prob still there.  had probs with my screen turning black and not coming back on, still there but not as bad. it's happened just a cpl times where prior to the reset, it was almost daily.  web browsing still slow....and most of all...i'm upset that i lost many of my apps that are no longer in the market now. the VZW rep said there was no way to backup the apps but some here said to use an app called Astro Manager. it didn't save anything.  well sort of didn't. when we got the phone back on, all my apps were there for me to download which i was happy.  however, the rep had me to do check other issues and when i went back to the apps, they were all gone.  if you decide to hard reset, please download ur apps before leaving that screen. i was able to download a cpl of them b4 leaving that screen....that's why i know it would of worked before moving on to something else.

0 Likes
erisfan

I have been using the leaked 2.1 updates for a long time, latest the v3 and have had no problems what so ever.

Getting 4-5 days of battery life with light to medium use, keeping the 3G off until I need it. 3G is constantly

searching for connection and will drain the battery, you will receive calls and text without 3G. Also keeping WiFi,

GPS and bluetooth off when not needed. No app killer installed. Turning off all auto sync options and set them to manual

will also  help with your battery life.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure what the fun of the phone is with that much turned off. I have the 3G on, and auto sync. I use the web alot through out the day. Sometimes, pending on location I might turn phone on to airplane mode and just use the wifi. I can get around 12 hours use of my battery, but I am in a very tight building that minimizes wireless so my phone is contantly switching. I advise anyone who is watchign your battery to have a battery meter app installed so you can see the actual percentage. The bars are so misleading, in my mind at least.

I do have the 1750mah battery. It gives it a two to four more hours of use compared to the original with the same type of use on it.

I browse the web, I use FBChat, yout ube, adn use bloo for facebook itself.  I also have seceral rss feeds I checkout throughout the day, which eventually leads to web browser. MMS and txt.  I take pictures from day to day, and uplaod them to FB.  I get twitter mainly through sms, but I also use the twitter offical app from time to time, btu not real often, to see what I have missed.  I watch videos outside of you tube as well and a couple I have converted to play on the phone as well. Spaceballs and such.  I use my phone pretty heavy so my 12 hours of time hopefully makes more sense.

0 Likes
erisfan

My point is that it is a phone after all, and allot of people have work to do and can not play with it all day.

So turn on or off your "stuff" with the toggle switches ( HTC widgets) when you do not use them and

you will have a good battery life. I use INFODROID to check my battery status, works good.

0 Likes