Eris 2.1 Calls
ac1288

After updating my Droid Eris to a 2.1 firmware, I've been experiencing some of the problems that have already been posted here in the forum:

1. Call audio intermittently disappears - the only solution that I've been doing so far is powering off the device, and it can be a real pain especially when I really have to take that particular call.

2. Phone alerts aren't working properly - I sometimes hear message alerts, and seldom hear my assigned ringtone.

3. HTC weather widget - the widget takes the wrong location information even after I've set it to the correct zip code, city, and state. It also doesn't update weather information when 3G or Wi-Fi is on. 

Overall, the firmware upgrade is great. The features have been expanded and battery life is better (I've gone from 5/6 to 9/10 hours before recharging; this is with extended 3G and applications use). I just backed-up and archived my applications because I'm thinking of doing a factory reset, as suggested by other users in this forum. However, before I actually go to my last resort, I'm thinking of going to a retail store first to have the call audio problem looked at. 

Any thoughts on these problems and how to solve them? I'd be very grateful for the input.

Labels (1)
0 Likes