Enabling VoLTE on my LG G2 broke Google Voice
jagman96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G2. I enabled VoLTE via Verizon's instructions but doing so broke Google Voice. I set up voicemail through the phone menu to use Google Voice but the voicemail defaults back to Verizon immediately. The other thing is every time somebody leaves me a voicemail Verizon sends me a garbled text message of random letters. Any recommendations on how to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Enabling VoLTE on my LG G2 broke Google Voice
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Disable Google voice.  Then remove ac1.0 soft reset hold power button 10 seconds then readd feature.  Test. Enable gv test

jagman96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm don't quite understand everything you said... but thanks for the help! I guess I need a little hand holding. I listed the steps you mentioned and including questions where I need more specifics.

1. Uninstall Google Voice

2. Remove ac1.0 (please tell me what that is explain exactly how to do this!!!)

3. Hold power for 10 seconds to soft reset to power cycle with a soft reset

4. Reinstall feature (which feature? I assume you are referring to the ability to do VoLTE. Please confirm how to do this correctly as I might have done it wrong before)

5. Test that it works (call someone who already has it enabled?)

6. Reinstall Google Voice.

7. Test Google Voice

Sorry for the newb hand holding!

0 Likes
jagman96
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. I did more research. I know what AC 1.0 is but I don't know how to disable it. I also realized I have not updated to 26A so that of course is a problem.

So.. now I need to

1. Uninstall GV

2. Disable AC 1.0

3. Update to the latest version of Kit Kat for the G2 pushed out by VZN

4. Re-enable AC 1.0

5. Test AC 1.0

6. Re-install GV

7. Test GV

The only thing I don't know how to do is how to disable AC 1.0

0 Likes
jagman96
Enthusiast - Level 2

So... I think I am answering my own questions... I went to "Change Features" and disabled AC 1.0. Now I un-nstall GV, do a soft reset, then update to the latest version of Kit Kat, reboot, re-enable AC 1.0 and test. Then re-install GV and test. Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Advanced Calling; it can be found in the Change Features section of your on-line My Verizon account.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

We all need the "newb hand holding" at some point, remember we crawled before we walked. On this forum we try to help others.tikibar1tbo27  , nice follow up.

jagman96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately it didn't work

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You couldn't disable Advanced Calling, or the steps were completed but you're still having the issues noted in your original post?

jagman96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went back to my account on vzw and it showed. AC 1.0 as activr even though I clicked disable. I clicked  disable again (so it said Add), but after refreshing the screen it reverted to being active. I'm not sure what to do.

0 Likes