I have an LG G2. I enabled VoLTE via Verizon's instructions but doing so broke Google Voice. I set up voicemail through the phone menu to use Google Voice but the voicemail defaults back to Verizon immediately. The other thing is every time somebody leaves me a voicemail Verizon sends me a garbled text message of random letters. Any recommendations on how to fix this?
I'm don't quite understand everything you said... but thanks for the help! I guess I need a little hand holding. I listed the steps you mentioned and including questions where I need more specifics.
1. Uninstall Google Voice
2. Remove ac1.0 (please tell me what that is explain exactly how to do this!!!)
3. Hold power for 10 seconds to soft reset to power cycle with a soft reset
4. Reinstall feature (which feature? I assume you are referring to the ability to do VoLTE. Please confirm how to do this correctly as I might have done it wrong before)
5. Test that it works (call someone who already has it enabled?)
6. Reinstall Google Voice.
7. Test Google Voice
Sorry for the newb hand holding!
OK. I did more research. I know what AC 1.0 is but I don't know how to disable it. I also realized I have not updated to 26A so that of course is a problem.
So.. now I need to
1. Uninstall GV
2. Disable AC 1.0
3. Update to the latest version of Kit Kat for the G2 pushed out by VZN
4. Re-enable AC 1.0
5. Test AC 1.0
6. Re-install GV
7. Test GV
The only thing I don't know how to do is how to disable AC 1.0
So... I think I am answering my own questions... I went to "Change Features" and disabled AC 1.0. Now I un-nstall GV, do a soft reset, then update to the latest version of Kit Kat, reboot, re-enable AC 1.0 and test. Then re-install GV and test. Thanks!
We all need the "newb hand holding" at some point, remember we crawled before we walked. On this forum we try to help others.tikibar1tbo27 , nice follow up.
You couldn't disable Advanced Calling, or the steps were completed but you're still having the issues noted in your original post?
I went back to my account on vzw and it showed. AC 1.0 as activr even though I clicked disable. I clicked disable again (so it said Add), but after refreshing the screen it reverted to being active. I'm not sure what to do.