Emails not pushing when outlook is open
DaSquareNoble

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I need some advice on how to fix a problem.  When my outlook program on my pc is open, my mail will not push to my phone, even when I have the frequency set to 15mins.  How can I fix this.  Whenever my outlook is closed all my messages push just fine, it's just when outlook is open is when they don't sync. The only way they will push when outlook is open is when  I send the email(to my comcast acct) and continue to push the "refresh" button. But I don't have this issue with my google acct.  Please assist. Just incase someone ask.  I've had this problem with three different driod phone, with and without the  software updates.

PC -Windows Vista

Outlook - 2007

Cell - Eris Droid

Email - Comcast,net (POP3)

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Emails not pushing when outlook is open
budone
Legend

In Outlook choose::

Tools>

Account Settings>

Double Click the email address you want corrected>

More Settings>

Advanced>

Checkmark leave message on server>

OK>

Next>

Finish.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What frequency is your PC checking for mail? If it receives the message first, in most cases, that removes the message from the server, so your phone would not receive the message.

0 Likes
DaSquareNoble

I will go with a lesser frequency, right now my OL is going at every minute.  But then again, I didnt have this issue with my BlackBerry

0 Likes
DaSquareNoble

Better yet how can I keep them on the server?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
budone
Legend

In Outlook choose::

Tools>

Account Settings>

Double Click the email address you want corrected>

More Settings>

Advanced>

Checkmark leave message on server>

OK>

Next>

Finish.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

You may just want to say Remove Email after X days. By not removing your email most carries restrict mailbox size and you will allow it to fill up and then stop newemails from arriving. so You may want to choose Remove emails after say 3 days this way you get it on the phone and on the PC. I run mine at 1 day but thats just me....

Thanks
Mike

0 Likes