Email server errors
vrsmart

I have several email accounts on my phone. Lately I have been getting "server error" messages when I try to retrieve new emails. I haven't been able to receive any new emails on any of the accounts. I've been having other problems with apps (Twitter app doesn;t work, and update downloads seem to run endlessly without ever completing). How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email server errors
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello vrsmart,

Let's get your phone working again! Considering that you're having issues with several apps, I recommend checking your internet connection to see if you have any online access.

Depending on your findings, you can use our troubleshooting wizard to help identify and resolve your problem. http://vz.to/12TLCsR

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Email server errors
vzwuser001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like support for the email app on a lot of the older phones was dropped by Verizon.  In the support they mention the alternatives, like downloading another email app or accessing email via a browser.

From this article:

"The Mobile Email app, formerly available on the devices listed below, was retired on 3/28/14. If you have one of these phones, you'll no longer be able to send and receive emails using the Mobile Email app."

Mobile Email App on Older Phones Discontinued on 3/28/14 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes