Email account verification needed for new SIM card.
mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I tried to check emails on my LG G3, I got a message telling me that "Email account verification needed for new SIM card." The message gave me a choice to either "skip" it or proceed with verification by selecting "ok."

I do NOT have a new SIM card (I've been using the current one since Sept or Oct of 2014), so naturally I selected the "skip" choice to see if I could get around this request. Another message then popped up telling me ALL email accounts and associated contact data will be deleted if I skip this verification process. Selecting the "ok" choice, however, brings up an immediate concern since it involves giving up the password info I used to set up my accounts. The thought occurred  to me that this could be a hack, so I restarted my phone just to see if that would clear the message away, but it didn't, so I gave in, selected "ok," and entered the requested verification info.  I was then able to review emails as if nothing odd had happened.

A day later, I got the same message AGAIN, but this time instead of selecting "ok,"  I called the message's bluff and elected to "skip" the verification process. That'll show 'em, right?  Wrong.  As promised, my email account info for all accounts was deleted.  My contact info (for the phone), however, remained intact, so I breathed a sigh of relief on that.

Setting up my emails again shouldn't be too difficult since I have all that info recorded elsewhere in a file I keep handy in case I need to do a factory data reset.  But it would be nice to know what the heck is going on here if anyone can shed any light on this.

Thanks.         

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email account verification needed for new SIM card.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrmeach,

I appreciate you verifying that information for us.  I totally understand how this would become bothersome. I want to help you get rid of this error pop up message. It seems like there is a possible error with your Sim card.  Please remove and reinstert Sim Card and keep us posted if there is still an error message.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-113459/
YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrmeach

You have our full attention now. Your LG G3 is a great phone and I want you to be able to use all the features provided with.  Having your emails sycn onto your phone should not be hard task.  Are you only coming across the Sim Card error when setting up your emails?  Are you able to add the emails once your phone has been activated with the sim card?

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

...Are you only coming across the Sim Card error when setting up your emails?

Answer: The problem occurs with email accounts that have already been set up.

The phone (an LG G3, in this case)  thinks the SIM card is new, but it is not new; it is months old.  Before this verification request started appearing, I had been able to access emails via the app pictured with an "@" symbol on top of an open envelope.  I think it is the stock android app that gathers together emails for every account registered on the device.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

...Are you able to add the emails once your phone has been activated with the sim card?

Answer: Yes. I am able to add emails.

I had to re-add the Cox, Outlook (Hotmail), and Yahoo accounts, after they were erased from the phone. That is what happens when you elect "skip" instead of "ok" when asked to verify the accounts.  I selected "ok" yesterday and it let me proceed to read my emails.  I was surprised (and irritated)  to see the same message again today, so I selected "skip" to see what would happen.  Well, now we know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrmeach,

I appreciate you verifying that information for us.  I totally understand how this would become bothersome. I want to help you get rid of this error pop up message. It seems like there is a possible error with your Sim card.  Please remove and reinstert Sim Card and keep us posted if there is still an error message.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-113459/
YareliM_VZW

mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

I setup the Outlook (i.e. Hotmail) email manually this time.  Now it appears in Settings under the "Email" account, not under the "Microsoft Exchange" account.  Splitting it off and putting it under MS Exchange appears to be a Lollipop innovation because this is not how it was under KitKat, as I remember it.  I prefer the old KitKat arrangement since every email (except Gmail) fits neatly under one heading.

It remains to be seen, however, whether this sorts things out with respect to the Android OS thinking I have a new SIM card. 

0 Likes
mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support, I'm hoping that the message won't reappear now that I have setup the email accounts again.  If it does reappear, I will do as you have suggested and

(1) Remove and reinsert the SIM, and/or

(2) Replace it altogether, if (1) doesn't work.

By the way,Yareli,  thanks for the speedy replies.  It's good to know you guys are monitoring what shows up in these forums.

0 Likes
mrmeach
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support (Yareli), After getting this verification message again on September 2, I removed the SIM and then put it back in.  I did NOT get the message again, so I marked discussion post #3 as the correct answer.  I noticed some scratch marks on the golden side of the SIM, so if it happens again, I'll just replace the card altogether.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes