Re: Email Issues on LG Ally still unresolved...
Choice

We are having the same issue with Email and calendar.  This is actually for one of our critical user and it's been nothing but headaches.

Verizon replaced the phone before and even now with the new phone, each time there is an update, email and corporate calendar would be all jacked up.

Factory reset the phone everytime is becoming an inconvenient.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Choice

0 Likes
tigerdog
Enthusiast - Level 2

When we first got the Ally, it worked well with my wife's IMAP account.  About 3 months ago, we started having the same issue with mails deleted on the phone not being deleted from the server, then reappearing as new messages.  It was NOT a settings issue as I verified the settings match what I originally entered and also match the settings I use on my Droid X 2.2 (same IMAP service, different mail box)

In the end, I have stopped using the original email app and configured K9 mail.  K9 seems to be as trusty as its namesake and works perfectly, again with the same server and settings.  Still seems to be an issue.  Maybe 2.1 v 2.2?

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I wanted to let everyone know that we are aware of this issue. As soon as we get any additional information we will be sure to pass along.

0 Likes
mstclair190

I just got this phone 2 days ago and I've had the same e-mail reloading problem and the connection failure notice.

I'm also having a problem with notifications of e-mails received.  The phone is set to check e-mail every 15 minutes, but it doesn't seem to be doing that for my non-Google accounts.  I've been "testing" it and I haven't gotten automatic notifications of new mail.  If I manually go to the inbox of one of them, then it will download new messages but it does not activate any "notification" vibrate and sound. 

I've double checked all of my notification settings at least 3 or 4 times. 

Any help?

0 Likes
tigerdog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switched my wife to K9 mail for all accounts and we haven't looked back.  No further issues.  If only the standard clients were as reliable.  And they should be - K9 is open source and the people who wrote it say they did so with the hope that their improvements would be incorporated in the standard client.  Go figure!

0 Likes