Email Issues on LG Ally still unresolved...
Electricity

Anyone know if there is going to be an update on the ALLY to help with email?  Seriously, I had a blackberry before and wish I'd stuck with them because the email with the ALLY sucks!  I downloaded K-9 mail and am still getting the same email 3 or 4 times as new messages.  Seemed to work fine two weeks ago and now this week it sucks!  I'm very frustrated with the email side of this phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email Issues on LG Ally still unresolved...
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Okay this may only be a simple server settings error. If you will verify your settings we can change them to the correct set up so this no longer occurs. You need to check the server settings and set the incoming server as: pop-server.area.rr.com and set the outgoing server as: smtp-server.area.rr.com. Once you have done this it should resolve the problem you keep experiencing.

0 Likes
Snedzombie

I have the same problem with Yahoo.  I delete the emails up to 20 times yet they still keep coming back.  This never happened until some update on the 23rd or whatever it was.

My incoming is          android.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing                    android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I tried removing the email account and reinstalling it with no help.

0 Likes
Electricity

I checked all the settings and they are correct.  Still can't get it to work properly.  I've tried everything!  I'm so frustrated with this POS phone!  The technology is not up to par!  I spoke with a gentleman (a very rude gentleman) last night at a verizon store and he is shipping me a new phone (my second new one by the way).  I will have verizon set up the email for me and if it still doesn't work I don't know what options I have but I"m tired of trying to make it work!

0 Likes
ronomaso

Has anyone resolved this problem yet.  My wife has an LG Ally with two different mail accounts (different servers) configured and they both keep getting mail as new messages after being deleted.  She also gets new mail that is actually old mail she has already read.  I have a HTC Incredible and I configured her email account on my phone and it works like a charm with the same incoming/outgoing settings so the issue has to be with the Ally.

Help!!!

0 Likes
DJS727

I had the same problem when I set up my Yahoo! account...It kept saying "Connection Error" and kept showing old emails I already read and deleted...I just downloaded the Yahoo! Mail App and Im using that...Way better. It would be nice to have this ongoing problem resolved though...

0 Likes
neechie

I am also having the same problems with no idea how to resolve it.  I plan to go to the VZW store tomorrow because I can't handle not having access to my emails. 

0 Likes
LibGal6

I have the same issue, and it started after the system update.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

If the problem continues to present itself you will need to perform a factory reset to clear out everything. The instructions to do this are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes
dmkimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did have to do a factory reset on my phone for some other issues concerning storage and memory.My email accounts were working fine before and after I reset them after the factory reset.

I have been using the mail program on this phone to access the email from my website and I use IMAP mail configuration settings that allow much more control.  Some other email configurations can leave a copy of the messages on the server so you will keep downloading them to your phone each time it checks your mail. I also have a yahoo account for my main email account and use the yahoo mail for Android program that is downloaded from the Android market Great Program!

I would bet all of your issues are settings issues as I have been very happy with the way the mail program has been working on my Ally since July, before and after the 2.1 update.

Good luck everyone! Hope this helps.

0 Likes