Echo on Galaxy s4
mc207
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any call we get on the galaxy s4 with or without a case on has a horrible echo for the other person who hears their own voice coming back at them.

We have 2 of the same model phones and only 1 of them does it.

Anyone know how to get rid of the echo?

Labels (1)
Re: Echo on Galaxy s4
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

What your posting sounds like a voice looping circuit problem and if that is the case you need to have Samsung repair it. That is not an issue that you or a factory data reset can fix. I would think that they may simply replace your phone with a refurb. device.

trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess I'm going to have to take my chances and return this S6 and get another S6, hoping it will work properly.  Also, by the way, the screen won't rotate.  Grrr!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

swap sim cards confirm echo./// Samsung knows about s6 screen rotating failure

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
trixiedrew,

We want you to enjoy your Galaxy S6 and have the best call quality possible. Do you have issues with an echo on all your calls also? When did this issue begin? What zipcode are you in?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I always have the issue using the speaker phone feature (hands free talking), and using an auxiliary cord in any car.  With any cord, any car.  Everyone I talk to hears a duplicate of what they just said.  Makes it impossible to hold any conversations hands free. 

The issue began as soon as I turned on the phone at the Verizon store, brand new out of the box.  Returned it, got a new one, it does the same exact thing.  NOT OKAY.

I am in 93066, 93012, 93010, 93003, 93001, 93030.

0 Likes
trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just bought the phone, brand new!  I also returned it to the store and got ANOTHER brand new one, and it does the same thing!  Now Verizon tells me I can't return it or switch it out for another phone so I'm stuck with a lemon??? that I have to return to the FACTORY???  wth

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trixiedrew,

I can imagine this is frustrating when attempting to talk on the phone. I know when I hear my echo it stops me in my tracks. Have you attempted to turn down the volume when on the phone. This can stop the echo. Does this happen when you hold the phone up to your ear?

RobinD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ljt5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having exactly the same issue with my s6. Turning down the volume didn't work nor all the other options listed in this or the similar post. My old Droid Maxx (used last week had no issues), what is the difference? I need to know as I only have 6 days to switch phones before I am stuck with this one.

trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have tried turning down the volume.  No, it does not help. The S6 is a lemon.  Period.

0 Likes