lisamarie626

I am wondering how to access the SD card on this phone. I did not know if you delete your contact in your gmail account that they automatically delete from your phone, so i lost all my contacts and am hoping they are backed up on my SD card. Also i noticed that on my contacts you can either choose a google or phone option, if you choose goggle does that mean they dont save to your phone.

Any help anyone could give me would be most appreciated

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ERIS
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Unless you backed them up manually, they're gone. :smileysad: Like you said, when creating contacts you are presented with an option for phone or Google. By selecting phone, they are not saved to your online google contacts only to your phone. Selecting Google will save them to your online contacts and allow you to access them from any pc or device with access to gmail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gpa111

I think they are only saved on google.

But if you want to search around, plug it in with usb cable, and on the notification bar slide down and select usb storage, and then select mount. Then it will show the card on the computer as a device.

-g

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Unless you backed them up manually, they're gone. :smileysad: Like you said, when creating contacts you are presented with an option for phone or Google. By selecting phone, they are not saved to your online google contacts only to your phone. Selecting Google will save them to your online contacts and allow you to access them from any pc or device with access to gmail.

0 Likes
lisamarie626

Cool thanks for the info, is there anyway to back up contacts to the SD card? and if so how do i do that, just plug it into the computer?

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that. My wife and daughter both use the Eris, one on the stock 1.5 os and the other on the newest 2.1v3 leaked version. I haven't ever really dug into their phones to see what sort of options are available in there for contact backups. Maybe someone with more experience with the Eris handset will be able to chime in and help out there.

0 Likes