ERIS screen lock......
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know how to make the ERIS screen turn off besides waiting for the time out to kick in? Before the 2.1 update I had the power button programed so when pushed it would turn screen off..can this be done in 2.1?  I cannot find where to do this at....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ERIS screen lock......
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Download spare parts from the market. It will allow you to change what the end button does. It also has some good status stuff on it. Just be careful with the app handling setting. If you set that to aggressive, it tends to kill sense. I would also recommend the factory reset, I did one on mine and my phone runs much smoother.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3
Can anyone give some good advice on this matter?
0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure why it is acting that way.  I hadn't seen an option that adjust what happens you you press the disconnect button.

What happens when press the disconenct button.  I can press mine anywhere except while on a phone call it it turns the display off.  Might need to do a reset to resolve the issue as some have.

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I am on home screen and press the button nothing happens...If I am in the screen unlock screen and I push it the screen goes off...

So I guess its a software problem...and the only way to fix is to do a hard reset?? Will i loose everything and have to sync everything back again?

0 Likes
anchor328

Your phone is not working correctly. I'd try a soft reset before a hard one. Next step past that is to do a factory reset. Make sure all your contact information is backed up before hand.

For a factory reset you will have to re-enter all logins, passwords and apps. The market using your existing account should still have your downloaded apps listed. You will have to rebuild your screens as well as they will be like a new born baby.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd recommend appbrain to make a list of your apps, then save that list.  Backup ANY important information from your phone.  Contacts, calendar, whatever.

I would just do a factory reset, you could try a clear data option but if you have done the above recommendations, I would suggest a fresh new start.

***WARNING****...****WARNING*** Never do a full system reset on a sunday night.  I had problems getting my phone back online due to their maintenacne period.  Not a huge deal, unless you are trying to get it going in the same night...NIGHTMARE!!

Good luck

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Download spare parts from the market. It will allow you to change what the end button does. It also has some good status stuff on it. Just be careful with the app handling setting. If you set that to aggressive, it tends to kill sense. I would also recommend the factory reset, I did one on mine and my phone runs much smoother.
0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

The spare parts app worked great....thanks

0 Likes