First I hope your day is going great, and I have just a few questions for you guys -- consise, well thoughtout feedback/answered questions are appreciated:
Thank you so much for your time to type out your responses -- I wanted to get a general consensus on how everyone felt about it!
1. I have found the touchscreen keyboard to very easy to use. After using it for some replay to emails I was getting very used to it.
I checked both the Droid and the Droid Eris 3 times at my local Verizon store and when I went back the last time I noticed that the keyboard on the Droid was getting loose and didn't feel like it would hold up. But in defense of the Droid I would guess that the demo phone had gone through at least 5 yrs of use in 5 days.
2. I have to say I am totally blown away. I d/l'ed about 30 apps (new toy you know) I had some much stuff going on and I never noticed any slow down the switch between home screens was always smooth and fast. Just a note after playing with the many apps most are deleted now as I found some not so neat and not needed. But several have become favorites and will stay.
YES YES I would recommend this phone to anyone if you couldn't tell from my comments.
3. Well I didn't have to switch since I was already a Verizon user but from talking to some of my friends that have the "OTHER" carrier yes I would have jumped in a heart bear.
4. I can't give it a 10 yet as the battery does seem to be used rather fast. I get around 24 hrs with some heavy use which means at the end of the day I have to charge it and other peoples mileage my vary do to their usage patterns.
So what would I give it now. 8 plus and and when I figure out how to use the speaker phone on phone calls I would give it a 9. And when I'm done playing with it (which is gonna be awhile because I'm having to much fun) if I can get 2 days without a charging it will go to 10.
I do think Verizon did not do a good enough job at rollout by putting these phones in the stores and not having all the accessories out there at the same time, and not having employees who knew anything about the phones. Heck, I knew more about these phones than the salespeople!
Love it. Keyboard is very easy to use and I swore after my last phone I'd never have a touchscreen again. This one is a dream. Apps runs great. The HTC Sense UI is awesome. All in all I give it a 9. Battery life is a bit of a problem and you have to shut down apps not being used to maximize the battery. But all in all I am very happy with this device. I can't put it down!
Just got it yesterday and I have to say that I absolutely love it.
- How do you feel about the touchscreen keyboard? Do you have trouble typing on it? Do you find it annoying? Good? Easy to work with?
The keyboard works great. I like it more than the physical keyboard on my Voyager and as much as the one on mu iPod Touch.
- The actual speed of the phone -- it mimics the MT3G nearly identically, how do you feel it handles the HTC Sense UI?
I have not detected any sluggishness at all yet. The Sense UI is why I got the phone over the Droid and it has not disappointed.
- Overal, how was/is your experience with the Eris? Would you recommend it others?
- And lastly, given Design, Hardware, Software, and Ease of Use on a scale from 1-10, 10 being Perfect, what would you rate it?
My only complaint at this point is that the battery life isn't all that great. The phone itself is very easy to use.