Re: ERIS 2.1 Update, How many people received it ?
anchor328
I got 2.1 from phandroid.com. I am entering the text from voice to text. It's pretty cool you just have to talk a little bit slower than norm. I am using a droid Eris.
0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I hope 2.1 is better on the Eris than it is in on the DROID and Incredible.  Whatever they did sacrificed a lot of stability between 2.0.1 and 2.1 update 1.  Wish I could go back on my DROID and wish I could get 2.0.1 on my incredible. 

0 Likes
erisupdate

Just got it this morning. Monday 5/17/10.

Installed smoothly.

Only issue: calendar will FC when tapped on day view. A separate thread was started already...

0 Likes
erisuser

I received it for one of my two phones on Sunday.  I had some difficulty with contacts syncing, but eventually it worked. Does anyone know how to sync the phone contacts from Droid to your PC, so that they will all come through with the update? Contacts that had been added after the initial purchase do not sync to Google on the PC.

0 Likes
hokieje

Installed mine in the am of 5/17/10. Pretty smooth install. Had to reconfigure and save custom scene (shortcut/widget placement) as that was not carried over, but everything else seems to be intact. Synced contacts not problem. Resolution on some graphic icons seems to be reduced. Pinch to zoom and increased speech to text support does not seem to be included despite their being listed in the release notes.  Jury is still out on battery life, but does not seem to have improved much as stated in release notes. The full screen weather animation and leap features are neat, but not vital. Like having access to full app library now with 2.1.

0 Likes