E-Mail inop when traveling!
megavoltgeek

I have a Droid Incredible 2 and use the included app to access my yahoo and Gmail accounts.

When traveling I lose my email activity. I can use the internet to access them however the app will not receive them. Sometimes the subjet line will show but no body to the message.

Is there a setting or preference I should check to help with this issue?

Thanks

M

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: E-Mail inop when traveling!
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think it's an HTC thing.  I've been having the same problem with my Rezound (while at home).  I've gotten a few emails that were completely blank.  I did some digging around in the settings, but didn't find anything that made a difference.

0 Likes
Re: E-Mail inop when traveling!
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello megavoltgeek,

I absolutely LOVE the Droid Incredible 2! This is my favorite global phone to use when traveling overseas! May I ask where are you when you are not able to receive emails? Are you within the US or are your traveling internationally as well? If you are traveling internationally then this will place a HUGE part in email delivery options. If you are traveling internationally then please verify the settings below for properly email delivery while traveling abroad.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Data Roaming (Checked)

Also, be sure to verify that Enable always-on mobile data is checked as well. After you have confirmed the settings above, please power cycle the device and retest your email delivery. 

If you are having this issue while in the US then there are some additional steps that we have to take to resolve. Here are some of the info that we need to check  to ensure that it is not a provisioning issue.

• Verify signal strength and other data connectivity ( web access, market place, etc)
  • Remove and re-add the email account to the device
  • Download an email app to receive email (Yahoo! Email only)
  • Check for the most recent software update on the device
  • Clear the cache and clear data from commonly used apps
  • Clear internet history and cache

Once you have completed these steps then test the email messages to see if they load. If you are still experiencing issues then please reply with your findings so I can continue to assist!

Thank you...

0 Likes