Duplicate contacts
lqb9382

Hi,

I am using Yahoo contacts with Droid.

Recently, many contacts are getting duplicated.

Is there a way to fix them on Yahoo and synch them to Droid?

Also,

What's the point of backing up contacts to the Verizon site?

I guess,

I am confused between all these contact areas and need to help to manage them in one central place.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Duplicate contacts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I sync all my contacts with my Google/gmail account. I don't mess with Backup Assistant or anything else.

Do you know if the duplicates are being saved as something other than Yahoo since that appears to be your primary contacts list? If you look at the different contacts there will some indication of how they were saved. Either a symbol or a word on the corner of the contact info display.

Which phone do you have? "Droid" which is mentioned in your post, makes me think of the "Motorola DROID". The "Samsung Droid" in your profile leads me to the "Samsung DROID Charge". Both are Android phones along with others in Verizon's lineup. Some are branded DROID devices and others are not. They are all Android devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lqb9382

I have Samsung Droid Charge (as you have guessed).

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

All you have to do is sync all contacts to gMail, there is usually a way to filter what area to sync contacts from...  Go to dialer and look under contacts menu and see if you show a simular option...

0 Likes