Dropping connection from LTE to 3G on Galaxy S5 after NI2 update
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I installed the new 4.4.4 update I have been dropping 4GLTE when I used to have solid connection all over town. I have tried a factory reset and even reflashed the update with no improvement. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropping connection from LTE to 3G on Galaxy S5 after NI2 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thepillarist,
I know how important it is to an operable device! Thanks for completing the reset. I suggest trying a new sim card (you can pick one up at a store location). If successful, great! If not, I suggest looking into available replacement options with us. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thepillarist,
I know how important it is to an operable device! Thanks for completing the reset. I suggest trying a new sim card (you can pick one up at a store location). If successful, great! If not, I suggest looking into available replacement options with us. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll try to run by there on my break tomorrow, will report back with if that solves the issue or not.

0 Likes
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

got the new SIM card, still no change. My coworker with the same phone standing right beside me has 3 bars 4G LTE and I have 2 bars of 3G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thepillarist, thanks for keeping us posted. Are you and your co-worker having this issue in the same area? Does it happen indoors, outdoors or both in this same area? How's service when you leave this area?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

my coworker isn't having an issue at all, his S5 is holding 4G connection inside and outside. There is another thread on this and it appears to be a known issue to nearly everyone but VZW ( https://community.verizonwireless.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-content?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2... ) I have spoken with tech support multiple times and tried factory resets, reflashing the update manually, resetting through recovery, etc to the point I was told to go to my local store and seek a replacement phone. I've been there twice and both times was told I could not be helped, that it wasn't an issue they were aware of...

0 Likes
thepillarist
Enthusiast - Level 1

It may also help to point out that wiping the cache via recovery had an effect enough that when my phone restarted I had 4G again, more about a minute... then it dropped it again. I know 4G is working and available and that it isn't a hardware issue, because my phone gets 4G, it just drops it.

I mean, I sell your product for a living and this whole situation and no one's willingness to help has really shaken my belief in VZW's customer care.

0 Likes
voltron74

did you ever get a reply? I have the same issue. I've had 3 replacements.

problem is the same: switches to 3g and gets stuck there. Indoors/outdoors, in the city, at home, anywhere - I live in Los Angeles. I've tried a new SIM card. I waited until the new firmware update was installed. After factory reset, i didn't install any apps to make sure 3rd party apps were interfering. When can we find a fix @VZWSupport ?

0 Likes
BigLefty24
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the same issue for months on my Verizon S5. Have been to Samsung reps and had them flash, reinstall updates, etc.with no luck. Mine will go from 4GLTE, to 3G, to 1X. The only thing I've found to help reconnect to 4G is to temporarily switch to airplane mode, wait about 15 seconds, then turn airplane mode off again so that phone will reconnect.

0 Likes