Dropped LD Calls on HTC Eris
JamesRyan

I had a Samsung a couple of years ago.  Every time I'd call my family in Illinois (from Texas), I'd get my calls dropped after 3-5 minutes.  Verizon technicians said it was with the landline carrier in Illinois.  They said it was with Verizon.

I switched to a Blackberry 8330.  Never a problem.

Now I got an HTC Eris.  Out of three conversations, I've had to re-dial seven times. I was only on the calls for a maximum of 15-min.

Anyone have any thoughts, or suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped LD Calls on HTC Eris
nautene

I have had the blackberry 8530 well two of those. DROPPED CALLS Then I switched to the droid eris to no avail. DROPPED CALLS I have had service with Verizon since March 5 and regardless of the phone, dropped calls are a fact of life for me I hit ### which is what customer service told me to do. I changed my phone number because customer service told me that because I ported my number something just wasn't right. I have a minimum of 5 dropped calls a day. (on a good day) Verizon has told me that I can discontinue my service twice. I am currently looking for another cell phone company that I can actually make a phone call on. The last conversation the rep told me that my area had bad service I should switch to a non pda then the call dropped. Not that the service would be any better. 

LOL I have had service tickets "RESOLVED" but not for me still have the same issues that I have had since day 1 DROPPED CALLS.

SO again I am trying to decide where I am going too before they decide that I have to stay with a phone company where the phones are not reliable to make a phone call. I tried talking tonight and it called someone else..Oh yeah I had to input all of my numbers again because it was suppose to fix the stranger call issue. SMH

0 Likes
MsJulie
Enthusiast - Level 2

JamesRyan wrote:

I had a Samsung a couple of years ago.  Every time I'd call my family in Illinois (from Texas), I'd get my calls dropped after 3-5 minutes.  Verizon technicians said it was with the landline carrier in Illinois.  They said it was with Verizon.

I switched to a Blackberry 8330.  Never a problem.

Now I got an HTC Eris.  Out of three conversations, I've had to re-dial seven times. I was only on the calls for a maximum of 15-min.

Anyone have any thoughts, or suggestions?

Thanks!

This is why I didn't get the Eris.  A friend of mine has the Eris and she has a horrible time with dropped calls.  We live in Indiana.  She said she can't get through the day without a dropped call.  Have you tried updating the tower?  I believe it's #228.

0 Likes
JamesRyan

I've done that...it's always while mobile (as it was with the Blackberry).  I was considering buying one of those "booster" antenna to mount outside of the vehicle.

0 Likes