Dropped Calls in My House?!
sinkarue

I know calls in your house are not guaranteed, but I was receiving calls just fine from the same phone in the same spot in my house before. My service in my house was fine, but now it is not. I have not changed phones, and my house has not moved! Why the sudden change in service? I have called Verizon several times trying to figure out the problem with empty promises being made to me just to get me off the phone. I need a solution. If that is a different carrier, so be it, but I do not want that. I just want my service to be what it was. I do not have a house phone and not wish to add more bills to my plate. So, my cell phone is the only phone I use. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls in My House?!
parajoe

I've posted a similar issue where I had on average of 2 bars of LTE service in my home about 4 months ago. I now have zero, and 1 bar of 3g or no service.  Its down about 2 bars in strength over the entire city. Verizon store is effected the same 4 bars down to 2, they have no answers. This effects all phones, I have the same Iphones I did months ago, my neighbor has the same issue with his old androids and a new one purchased last week. Sprint now has LTE service in my city, added a few months ago, at the same time as Verizon lost their signal strength. 44039 is my Zip code, did something similar happen where you live?

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Is it possible your phone was updated to KitKat at around the time your service indoors seemed to get worse, or did this just happen recently?

Perhaps AWS Band4 XLTE was enabled on your device with KitKat, or your area just got the new XLTE band.

Band4 has different building penetrating characteristics than the band which it might be replacing.

What Is Verizon XLTE? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

0 Likes