Droid4 can send call/text to iPhone5, iPhone5 can't text back to Droid4
Murphyeffect
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have three phones, all on our Verizon account.

Phone 1. Droid 4

Phone 2. iPhone 5s ( iMessage On)

Phone 3. iPhone 5 ( iMessage On)

The Droid 4 can Call and Text to the iPhone 5s, The iPhone 5s can Call and Text the Droid 4. Phone 1 & Phone 2 work as expected.

The Droid 4 can Call and Text to the iPhone 5, The iPhone 5 can Call the Droid 4, The iPhone 5 Can't send a Text to the Droid 4.

When trying to text a reply from the iPhone 5 back to the Droid 4 the iPhone 5 will behave as if sending the text but will not confirm delivery

I tried several things:

I have tried resetting the network preferences, this didn't work

I tried setting iMessage off, this didn't work

I tried setting iMessage setting to "Send as SMS", this didn't work.

I tried deleting the contacts from both phone 1 & phone 3 and recreate the contact from scratch, this didn't work

I tried deleting the contacts from both phone 1 & phone 3 and call each from the other to create the contact from scratch, this didn't work.

I have no problem between the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5s they work as expected.

History of iPhones in question.

The iPhone 5 originally was my primary phone, with the phone number migrated over from an AT&T iPhone (3gs) account to Verizon, preserving my original phone number from AT&T.

We purchased the iPhone 5s as a new phone with a new number for our Child, We then called Verizon and had the phone numbers swapped for phone 2 & phone 3, so that I would have the new iPhone 5s and my Child would have the hand me down iPhone 5.

Needless to say we need to have texting working to communicate effectively with our Child. any info or help would be appreciated.

thank

C, Murphy

Labels (1)
Re: Droid4 can send call/text to iPhone5, iPhone5 can't text back to Droid4
Tidbits
Legend

Did you disable iMessages when you switched to the Droid 4? No that's why you are not getting them.

Contact 1-800-MY-IPHONE and they should be able to do it for you.

Murphyeffect
Enthusiast - Level 2

We never switched to the Droid 4 it was our first Verizon phone, the iPhones came later.

I will try that.

0 Likes
Murphyeffect
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out my problem has nothing to do with iMessage. After spending time with a senior apple support tech, we confirmed that iMessage is not the issue. by forcing the iPhone 5 to use only SMS only.

next thing to try is getting the SMS service reinitialized on the Verizon side.

Hope this thread help some others.

0 Likes