Droid3 Blue Tint Pics
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Does anyone have any info on when the problem with blue tint pictures will be fixed?  My last calls to Verizon & Motorola in Sept.

were useless.  Motorola is "working on it."

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid3 Blue Tint Pics
Tidbits
Legend

Easiest temp fix is to turn off auto off in scenes.

The white balancing is off that's why you get the blue tints.  If you turn off auto it should go away.

open camera app --> there should be a slide bar on the bottom right.  tap the hand icon and I moved mine to steady shot.  I haven't gotten "blue" tints once doing that.  

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Tidbits - "scene" was already set on steady shot but I adjusted the brightness way fown (almost off) and that helps on some pictures.  

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you're sure you have removed all of the protective film over the lens right? i know i know....the only reason i ask is because my brother in law had an incredible with this issue. when he bought it, he took the obvious film off of the outside of the lens area and then put it in the case he also bought with it. 4 months later, he and my sister were still complaining about the poor camera. i took the case off and the battery case off and there was protective film over the lens on the inseide of the battery case. 

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, all protective film has been removed.  Thanks for the suggestion, you never know  :smileyhappy:  I don't use this phone as my official camera but I do expect it to work like a camera should.  I have never had this problem with my other camera phones.  Verizon and Motorola have been aware of the problem since the phone was launched and have done nothing to fix it.    

0 Likes