Droid won't say 'Droid' when turning on
binky775
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK silly question, but when I first got it the Droid would actually say 'Droid' when it was turned on.  It doesn't do that anymore.  Is it a setting?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid won't say 'Droid' when turning on
binky775
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I figured it out finally.  If you have set your 'notification ringtone' to anything but droid it won't say it.  Just go into settings and change your notification tone back if you'd like it, but the only drawback is that it will say 'Droid' whenever you get any kind of a notification like text or email.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
surprise_folks

I noticed that too.

Seems that you don't hear it when you have your sound set to silent mode or vibrate when you turned it off.

0 Likes
binky775
Enthusiast - Level 2

ty for your reply, but i have never had the sound turned down or off when i turn the phone off.  is this a feature that goes away?

0 Likes
surprise_folks

Just tried mine.  In silent and vibrate mode I get no "Droid."  With the volume at any other level, I get "Droid."

0 Likes
SB88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. I can turn my volume up as high as it will go and not be in silent or vibrate and it still does not say "Droid" like it did when they first turned it on in the store.

0 Likes
sox575
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed that mine doesn't do that anymore, either. I did set the sound to "silent"  for email notifications but why would that interfere with the start up?

My friend's Droid says it.

I also changed the regular notification sound to "don't panic" could that be it? Did anyone else change this setting?

0 Likes
binky775
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I figured it out finally.  If you have set your 'notification ringtone' to anything but droid it won't say it.  Just go into settings and change your notification tone back if you'd like it, but the only drawback is that it will say 'Droid' whenever you get any kind of a notification like text or email.

0 Likes
markthemark

Almost.  You can set specific notification tones for each aplication. such as email, google voice, twitter, whatever.  So I leave the default notification tone as 'droid' , and then have my custom r2d2 tone for all of my app specific notifications.  Works well, but was a bit of a cludge.  Shows how geeky I am to go through all that to get  the 'droid' tone at startup.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
The "Droid" noise on start up is the memory card being read. Glad you figured out it was in the notifications screen.
0 Likes