Droid turbo text issue
Brockpsu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone having issues with sending texts on the turbo? Issue just started after volte update, I'm using Google messenger and stock app. Both get phone very hot when I'm at home on wifi, and I have to turn off wifi to send a text. Anyone care to explain?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid turbo text issue
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes! I experienced this also right after the update - however I only need to turn off the wifi to send/use data if I'm using my network extender. i spoke to tech support last night, and they said thats how it's always been, HE WAS INCORRECT and no help.

Brockpsu
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's my exact issue! Network extender and all...i never had any issues with my MAXX though, and I thought the Turbo was it's replacement. But I also had no issues until the upgrade. Do you have the volte activated on your account and turned on?

0 Likes
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

the turbo was able to run both data (over the network extender) and wifi at the same time until the recent 4.4.4 update.

Ive had the advanced calling both on and off and still no data while wifi is on. this defeats half of the purpose of the network extender. Will a Verizon Wireless customer service rep, please address this issue?

0 Likes
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

another member told me that the vzw messaging app does send mms (pic msg) over the wifi. this is true as Ive tried it. I was using a messenger app that did not do this. try using the vzw messaging app and see if it works for you.

Brockpsu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll give it a shot, thank you. Too bad we are being forced to use that app.

0 Likes