Droid scrolls to the left
Mkrust

Please help!  My Eris scrolls to the left by itself.  I thought it was the screen protector, but it is not.  It is not a touchscreen or trackball issue as it scrolls when nothing is touching the phone.  It does it one the home screen, it does it when I am typing messages so everything word I type is backwards.  I have not done a hard reset and only want to do that as a last resort.  Please help!!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid scrolls to the left
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

This might be some help-->Cursor moves by itself

0 Likes
benthamm

I am having the exact same problem.

It just started doing this a couple of days ago while charging through the USB port on my macbook pro, using the OEM USB cord. Then last night it started doing it while completely unplugged. The problem is much worse while charging, but still consistent enough while unplugged to make the phone infuriating to use.

Has anyone found a real solution to this problem? Factory reset? Call Verizon and get a replacement?

0 Likes
gambino518

I have the same exact problem with my phone.  Last night i did a factory reset and when i woke up in the morning and used my phone i noticed that even after the factory reset the problem still persisted.  My next step is bringing it to verizon and request a brand new phone as my droid eris is only 3 months old. Good luck

0 Likes
benthamm

I took mine back the day after posting this, but it was of course behaving normally while unplugged, so I had them plug it in and it immediately started misbehaving. They did a factory reset, which apparently made it worse, so they just handed me a new phone on the spot. Problem has not repeated since. Loving this phone outside of that hiccup.

0 Likes
ITPag

All, this is a known issue with the device.  I checked here and HTC forums and this is being complained about with quite a few users.  Call VZW and they will send out a refurbished device overnight.  Rep was great, no hoops or anything, heard the complaint and promptly asked for address to ship out new device.  Don't bother with all of the software things, it's NOT the software, it's a hardware issue, and from what I have read has to do with the USB cable jack and the trackball sensor being so close to each other. Which is why it affects some with it charging, but it will happen both plugged in or not eventually.  

I figured someone should come up one of these and say what it is, saving some time and frustrations.  

0 Likes
doggs62
Guys I appreciate the feed back. I had no clue what was going on with my phone. I even did a hard reset and of course now I know it did not work. I'm off to call Verizon tonight thanks again.
0 Likes
Houston1128

I have been having the same problem ever since I got it replaced by the insurance company 3 months..It is really annoying...It does it while its plugged in and not...PLEASE HELP

0 Likes