Re: Droid outgoing email setup
AZSALUKI
Legend

how do you set outgoing as "IMAP?"  i don't have that option?  the only areas i have to put info are:

username

password

smtp server

security type

server port

i don't see where you can change it to IMAP. i'd love to try because if it worked, i'd kill my hotmail account (i HATE having a work email, gmail, cox AND NOW hotmail email accounts).

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Decided to set up an email account I had not set up on the phone yet and the IMAP for outgoing no longer shows up as an option, but the settings still work.

When you set up an email account, do it manually.

The first settings is for incoming,

Click mail, more, New account

Choose Pop3/IMAP

Enter your email address and password you use currently. Choose manual setup.

Scroll down and enter your incoming server ( ie mail,charter.net  for me) leave security set to none and leave the port number alone and choose NEXT

Next screen Checkmark LOGIN REQUIRED. Enter the correct outgoing Server setting. For me it is mobile.charter.net. (I would first try your current outgoing mail server you currently use for Cox on your computer)

Security type choose SSL

Port 587

Worked like a charm.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

couldn't get it to work. thx though. it was worth a shot. the only difference i noticed is that when i set up a new account i don't have an option of  "POP/IMAP."  i can only choose one or the other. i tried choosing IMAP and using all of the same settings as my pc, but no luck. i'll have to live with my hotmail account i guess.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The issue will be the outgoing mail server. I saw two options for that.

0 Likes
propgal

THANKYOU to AZSALUKI!!!  I originally had email from cox, and then changed households.  I was trying everything to get my cox email back on my phone because I did not realize they'd changed my password.  Once I figured that out, the gmail OUTGOING settings worked....I had to change the port for incoming to SSL--yes, and port 995, too.  I was so lost without my email on my phone!!!!  You have saved my life!! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
KC10

Hi guys I had the same problem as mention and after searching many forums here what I found and I will break it down.

I was so frustrated too, believe me :smileysad:

Here it goes: 1) Go to Account settings, then enter you email i.e. test123@cox.net hit next.

Incoming settings  

2) Protocol, select POP

3) email address: i.e. test123@cox.net

4) Username: test123  ONLY

5 ) Your password  whaever that is.

6) POP server: pop.west.cox.net

7) Security type:  NONE

😎 Server port:  110

Hit Next, Will verifying info.

Outgoing server settings:

Login required checked, username and password, will import automatic.

1) smtp server:     smtp.west.cox.net

2) Security Type:   SSL

3) Server port:        465 or 587, but try 465 first

Hit Next, Will verify info.

1) Account Name : Whatever you choose

2) Your name:

Hit Finish setup. Will upload your cox email and will be able to send as well.

Hope this helps you all. I tried the one that about (Outgoing server: smtpout.verizon.net) but this did not wrk for me. I did try what one person said to delete and reboot and enter the info. I did that and did not work either. Finally I went back and re-entered everything and I might have had a mispell somewhere because it worked after. So check your smtp, not to be smpt, after you enter this info so many times it just blurs all together. I don't know if that help, but good luck.  

Here where I got most of my information:

http://androidforums.com/incredible-support-troubleshooting/91296-fyi-cox-pop-email-not-working-incr...

Device(s):

Give this a try it works for me:

Go to your Account Settings. Do NOT change anything in the Incoming settings. Click 'Next' to get to the 'Outgoing server settings'. Make sure 'Login required' is checked. Make sure the SMTP server is correct for your location. I am in California, so my server address reads smtp.west.cox.net Next field below that is the 'Security type'. Make sure 'SSL' is selected. The 'Server port' will then be 465.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sorry, wrote something before I noticed the age of the thread.

0 Likes