Droid keeps telling me I have new Yahoo e-mail when I don't
Camdog916

First issue.  I don't understand why I keep getting alerts that I have new e-mail on my yahoo account from my spam folder.  I had the env2 before the Droid and I would only get e-mail alerts from my inbox and not my spam folder.  How do I stop that getting e-mail alerts from my spam folder?

2nd issue. I keep getting e-mail alerts saying I have new e-mail from e-mail I have already checked before.  I have about 50 e-mails that I keep in my inbox that are old but the Droid keeps sending me alerts saying they are unread.

3rd issue. Sometimes I will log into my Yahoo e-mail online and I will have new e-mails that says they were already read but I never really actually read.  So what the Droid is doing is saying I read e-mails that I haven't even read yet. 

4th issue.  What does it mean when I go into settings and it has an option in the inbox settings that says under Delete email from server?  Never or when I delete from my inbox.  Which do I pick?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid keeps telling me I have new Yahoo e-mail when I don't
TAO

I have the same issue with my Verizon.net e-mail acct.  My Droid gives me multiple email alerts even after I have checked my inbox and/or opened all new emails?  Any ideas from anyone on what is causing this?  It doesn't seem to happen with my Gmail acct on the same phone.  Thanks

0 Likes
tsauter
Contributor - Level 2

Camdog916 wrote:

First issue.  I don't understand why I keep getting alerts that I have new e-mail on my yahoo account from my spam folder.  I had the env2 before the Droid and I would only get e-mail alerts from my inbox and not my spam folder.  How do I stop that getting e-mail alerts from my spam folder?

2nd issue. I keep getting e-mail alerts saying I have new e-mail from e-mail I have already checked before.  I have about 50 e-mails that I keep in my inbox that are old but the Droid keeps sending me alerts saying they are unread.

3rd issue. Sometimes I will log into my Yahoo e-mail online and I will have new e-mails that says they were already read but I never really actually read.  So what the Droid is doing is saying I read e-mails that I haven't even read yet. 

4th issue.  What does it mean when I go into settings and it has an option in the inbox settings that says under Delete email from server?  Never or when I delete from my inbox.  Which do I pick?

1. You should be able to adjust the sync options to stop sync of the spam folder.

2/3. I have seen multiple post about issues like these and it is a problem with the mail app. It is not quite as robust as it needs to be.

4. THe delete mail from server settings allows you to select if your can delete messages. I generally have mine set to "when I delete from inbox".

"Never" means it doenst delete messages that you have deleted off your phone from the web mail server when syncing. Which means until you delete them from the web, they will keep downloading to your phone.

"When I delete from inbox" tells the web server to delete messages from the server that have been deleted from the phone.

0 Likes
colfrmb

Did you get these things resolved?  After 3 weeks of use, now I get the new email notication when I KNOW I have no new email.  I check off my PC to verify.  One time it said I had 19 new email and I never have that many - I read them too often.  Is this an error - it is extremely annoying and distracting.  Its like hearing a car alarm and ignoring it as far as I'm concerned.

0 Likes
jpascual
Enthusiast - Level 2

You might have more luck with the ROID 1.0 app in the Android Market, specifically designed to access yahoo.

0 Likes