Droid glitched and not working.
aherring

I am currently using the Droid. THe very first one. It has been glitchy for the last two days. It turns on but the only way to turn it off is to pull the battery. When I try to unlock it it doesn't, doesn't unlock in landscape mode either. The time is wrong by 45 minutes and it is stuck in airplane mode so I can't call it to see if it is working right. I can't turn the volume up or down so the phone basically feels like brick right now.

Is there a way to reset the phone? Has anyone else had this problem before? Or am I screwed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid glitched and not working.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

When a phone gets that old, things just start to quit working. My wife had that phone as well, and it developed the same issue with the power button (she had to slide open and closed the keyboard to wake the thing). It also would jump around the homescreens, which I think was an issue with the d-pad on the keyboard. We tried a couple factory resets, which didn't work and, fortunately we were out of contact, got her a new phone. If you want to try the reset, go to menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset or, if you pay for the extended warranty plan, you may be able to exchange your phone (call customer service), but I think that is only good for a second year of warranty coverage.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I would follow demmo86rt's instructions for a reset. In addition to making sure files saved on internal memory are saved to a computer, I also sketched out thumbnails of my screens so I could add my widgets and shortcuts back the way I had them. If you need to save any text messages, you'll also want to look in the app store for something to back those up first. It's a pain to reset, but it should run better afterward.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would Suggest this as well. I don't know were i was reading but this Guy wanted to Try and keep his O.Droid going So he some how loaded it with I.C.S and although there were some functions that didn't work the Greatest it did Manage to Work.. He said he was working around them to make it Function properly..

0 Likes