Droid battery life after update
Daves92gt
Ever since my phone received the OTA update on Saturday my phones battery life has tanked and my phone can't charge through USB on computer or with my car charger, only with the AC adapter. Nothing has been changed within a few days before the update and nothing after. Battery life was average of what people expect of this phone, which I found acceptible for a phone such as this. However now doing something like streaming Pandora over bluetooth to my car stereo will kill the battery in 45 minutes when it would take a few hours before on battery. My phone has been off the charger 4 hours and the battery is down to 60% and I have done nothing with the phone other than send a couple emails since I am at work. I am using task killer just the same as I did before the update. In regards to the charging issue, the phone recognizes the car and USB chargers but it seems the mA it is taking in is just too low to even supply juice the cover what the phone is using to run let alone charging it too. Just before the update it charged fine on both. AC charging seems normal. Even with the phone at idle the battery will still discharge. Same results with my main battery and the spare battery. Anyone else had this issue? I've read a few other people reporting the same type of issue but no resolution. My best guess is since it seems to be a hit or miss issue as to who has the problem that it is the update possible got corrupted while installing.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid battery life after update
Leeabe

That's interesting. I don't use my car charger often, but lately after charging in the car the battery wounldn't last anywhere near as long as if using the power cord. Wasn't that way before the update. Then last week the car charger got really warm and the phone repeatedly crashed afterwards. I thought the charger was bad (luckily the phone recovered) so stopped using it. Maybe it's a software issue?

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Just curious... is your car charger made by the OEM or is it an after-market unit?

0 Likes
Daves92gt
I think it more than likely has to be a software issue. Seems like some reason the phone isn't requesting the amperage it actually needs to charge.
0 Likes
Daves92gt
My car charger is aftermarket but OEM spec. Which I know aftermarkets have been known to sometimes cause a phone to be picky. This same charger did work just prior to the update though and still works with other devices I have that take the same charger. I get the same result when using the supplied USB cable to charge via my computer using a port that outputs 500mA. Which I know is less than the 850mA that the OEM wall charger supplies, but my phone would charge through this same port prior to the update albeit slower than over the AC charger.
0 Likes