Droid and Verizon Navigation
lillytiger

I would like to know if and when Verizon Wireless is going to provide Verizon Navigation for the Droid.  The Google navigation sucks.  It had me going in circles in Atlanta the other day. 

Also, will there be an app that actually works for Yahoo IM on the droid?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid and Verizon Navigation
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

lillytiger wrote:

I would like to know if and when Verizon Wireless is going to provide Verizon Navigation for the Droid.  The Google navigation sucks.  It had me going in circles in Atlanta the other day. 

Also, will there be an app that actually works for Yahoo IM on the droid?

Google navigation seems to work fine for me.  Have you tried rebooting the phone?  You might want to see whats in the market as far as navigation apps other than google.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I like the navigation function that comes with the Droid.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I like google navigation as well. I used it a couple months ago to go to a wine tasting place. Worked fantastic.

As for yahoo IM, have you tried using Hi yahoo app?

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I far prefer Google maps with Navigation to VZNavigator.  The issues you mention were more a problem with VZNavigator for me than with GM/Nav.  I do wish that there was a way to adjust the route.  The only issue I have had is that it will take you out of your way sometimes to take main roads when there are multiple shortcuts that would cut time and miles.  I tired changing my settings in Maps for routes but that only seems to change the directions not the Navigation.  I could use an update to allow the choice between main roads, back roads, fastest, shortest, avoid traffic, etc.  VZNavigator used to go out of its way to take me down gravel roads when a main road was 50 feet further down no matter the setting.  So each has its own oddity.

My favorite on Android is now dead.  It was Nav4all.  They lost their licensing with Nokia so they had to pull service.  It had local search and routing choices as well as built in car parking book marks and things like that.  It was cool once I figured out how to use it properly.  Now I am using superpages or yellow pages apps which export nicely to Google maps and following the nav when I don't have the time to analyze the route for shortcuts. 

0 Likes