Droid X Auto Connection Problem Very Frustrating
DonaldS1024

I just purchased a Droid X a switched from the Storm first edition to it. My Storm had NO problem connecting to my 2008 Cadillac STS. My Droid X is another story. I tried connecting via the search mode, the phone recognized the car and the car sent the request for the pass key, I typed the pass key (even changed it from "1234" to "0000" and it did not connect. I then proceeded to attempt connection using the phone to scan for devices, once again the phone recognized the car and the car recognized the phone. When I tried to Pair the two message came up "Problem pairing with Cadillac" I did this more than 20 times using both methods. IS THERE A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM? This is very frustrating for a phone with such advanced technology.

By the way I do have the latest update for the Droid X

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid X Auto Connection Problem Very Frustrating
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

DonaldS1024 wrote:

I just purchased a Droid X a switched from the Storm first edition to it. My Storm had NO problem connecting to my 2008 Cadillac STS. My Droid X is another story. I tried connecting via the search mode, the phone recognized the car and the car sent the request for the pass key, I typed the pass key (even changed it from "1234" to "0000" and it did not connect. I then proceeded to attempt connection using the phone to scan for devices, once again the phone recognized the car and the car recognized the phone. When I tried to Pair the two message came up "Problem pairing with Cadillac" I did this more than 20 times using both methods. IS THERE A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM? This is very frustrating for a phone with such advanced technology.

By the way I do have the latest update for the Droid X

You may want to check w/ your dealership.  The soundsystem on your STS may have a "compatable device list" and the X may not be on it.  Although, bluetooth is bluetooth in my opinion and it should just work.

also try a hard reset by removing the battery for several min. and reinstalling and rebooting the X.

Dj.

0 Likes