Droid Ultra non-stop rebooting. How do I stop this or power down?
pmbucalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of a sudden my Droid Ultra went into a reboot loop that can't be stopped. I can't shut the phone down or stop the rebooting. I can get into the reset menu, but none of the choices have any effect. Right now, I am letting the phone die while rebooting, but what then? This unit doesn't have access to batter or SIM card. There isn't a reset hole on the outside.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Ultra non-stop rebooting. How do I stop this or power down?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Your move at this point would be to do a re-flash of the software if you want to keep this Droid, but I would consider buying a new phone. Boot Looping is not a quick or easy repair.   Sorry    Smiley Sad

pmbucalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

GalaxyClass I finally got it to shutdown, I presume from the Fastboot Menu, in trying to get a Recovery done. Now when I try to turn it on, I get the Android splash screen and it shuts itself off. Nothing I can do will bring up anything beyond that moment. So as far as flashing the software as a choice, it's a foregone conclusion that without disassembling the case there is no way to do this. I really despise the throw-away commodity direction cell phone makers have gone. My Droid X has both battery and microSD card accessible, as it should be.

At this point, I am fine with seeing if anyone on the Web has a methodology for cracking the shell with the lease amount of damage incurred. If there is a removable microSD card in there I have a chance of flashing the ROM and recovering from this mess. Meanwhile, my Droid X, now 6 years old, works like a charm. There is a lot to be said for that. 😕

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I agree with you on your course of action if you can open, however I don't think you have much to loose at this point. I also will not buy a sealed unit device as I learned with my first smartphone long ago.. It's never a cake walk to stop boot - looping but a big plus plus to get into that case, just per chance.  I wish you the best on this. 

pmbucalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

GalaxyClass I went onto YT to see what tutorials could be had. Good stuff, but nothing that would help with a dead phone. So I ended up calling Motorola tech support and in a bit of time was able to get a warranty claim filled out and the necessary RMA shipment label for a no-cost-to-me replacement from Motorola. Thankfully, this happened within my 1 year warranty. I've had Motorola's more than any other brand and I have never been disappointed. Well, there was the first, a StarTac. That was a big disappointment. Thanks for you help, GalaxyClass. Appreciated!

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Glad to hear your good news and be of help.  It's sound to me like a happy "phone" New Year to you. Keep posting with your happy ending.    Smiley Happy

0 Likes