Droid Ultra Using More and More Data
cayoss

A few months ago my husband and I got new phones. We had to change from unlimited data to a set amount per month. I was told by the verizon employee helping me that on average we use 2gb per month, but never more than 3gb (we have been with verizon for years). So I got the 4gb plan to be safe. My husband upgraded to the Droid Ultra and we started maxing out our data limit. I called verizon for help and they said maybe he has automatic updates to apps going through. So we turned that off. After 2 months of maxing out at 4gb, we upgraded to 6gb per month. Again, the same thing is happening. we are ending the month using 5.8gb of data. My galaxy S4 only uses about 1gb per month, the res is my husbands Ultra. He isn't doing anything different than he did before. Same apps, same amount of time using it, same everything. He also has it set to automatically log on to wifi when available, like at home. So why is he consistently using more and more data per month? I Want My Unlimited Plan Back!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Ultra Using More and More Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cayoss,

It's always concerning to see high usage. I'm gald to see that your husband has taken some steps of his own to control the usage. When he is connected to WiFi, does he turn off data completely? Does the WiFi icon appear where the LTE icon is normally located? Has the SIM card been replaced? To get an idea of what is using a higher amount of data on his phone, you can go to Settings>Data Usage and review what features on the phone are using the data.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid Ultra Using More and More Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cayoss,

It's always concerning to see high usage. I'm gald to see that your husband has taken some steps of his own to control the usage. When he is connected to WiFi, does he turn off data completely? Does the WiFi icon appear where the LTE icon is normally located? Has the SIM card been replaced? To get an idea of what is using a higher amount of data on his phone, you can go to Settings>Data Usage and review what features on the phone are using the data.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes