Droid Turbo won't unlock/screen unresponsive on the lock screen
NDurrance

When i try to unlock Turbo the touchscreen is unresponsive, hard buttons still work but doesn't help in this situation. Already tried restarting with the power button several times but after boot screen it returns to lock screen with same issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo won't unlock/screen unresponsive on the lock screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to have a device running in top form. May I ask if there any physical damage to the device? Is there any type of protective cover on the device? ( screensaver, etc )

YosefT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
r_stone05
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband's Droid Turbo started doing the same thing today. He had a case on it that we removed after it started acting up. He still has on his screen protector, that he has had on before and it worked fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

R_stone05

Having a working screen is definitely important! Is the issue only when you wake the phone up and try to unlock it? Does he have any issues using the screen once the phone is unlocked? Does the phone run sluggish at all?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
r_stone05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot answer if it runs sluggish because it will not unlock. It is almost as if it doesn't recognize any touch on the screen. We can get the screen to light up and show the unlock, but that is all it will do. When we try to power down, it won't recognize that we are taping the power off button on the screen.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

How Long have you had the Phone?

0 Likes
NDurrance

Found a hairline crack on it, apparently the Turbo is notorious with screen issues to the point that Motorola offers one free replacement on the device so that is what I went with.

0 Likes
r_stone05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info. We will head to our Verizon store and see what they can do.

RaySunday

I have had my Droid Turbo for a couple of months now and I've had this happen to me at least 3 times.  The screen is locked and won't respond to touch.  The hard buttons respond as I can feel the "haptic feedback", but they don't do anything.  You can restart the phone, turn it off, then back on, but it doesn't change the fact that you can't unlock the phone. 

Every time this happened, I had to access my phone through my Google accountant and perform remote factory reset. It is getting a bit annoying though, for obvious reasons, as I have to set up my phone completely every time. 

Love the phone, but his is a huge inconvenience.  The fact that it has happened 3 times already is a bit alarming. 

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

if under warranty you can get another one

0 Likes