Droid Turbo with custom ringtone won't stop playing
AK48

My Turbo has worked well since I purchased it.  I have custom ringtones (songs/music) stored on an SD micro card that i use.   For some reason the Turbo now plays the entire song instead of shuttind down after the first part of a song.  It will not replay the song, but it does play it through to the end.  It will continue the song even after the caller hangs up.   If I answer the call it will stop or mute, and after I hang up it will continue to play..  it's like it's playing in the background but muted while a call is in progress.   What may have happened to cause this, and how can I get it to stop playing the song and act like a phone instead of an MP3 player? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo with custom ringtone won't stop playing
ilikeverizonwireless

It could be possible that maybe someone is calling you while you were on the phone with someone else.  Did you check for that? 

0 Likes
AK48

Thanks for replying.  I did check that and it wasn't taking place... only one caller at a time when it occurs...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love setting up my own ring tones. My apologies for the trouble. Help is here for you. Please tell us which application you are using to set the song. Is it from the settings or an actual application to create start and end points. What happened before it stopped working? Had a change to the device occured? Have you tried removing and resetting the song?
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AK48

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by which application I'm using.  I use one for special contacts such as my wife and then just the general ringtone.   For the individual contacts I go to contacts, select the individual, then click the pencil at the top right and then the three dots on the top right.   Then click select ringtones and chose which one I want to use.   For general ringtones I went to settings, sound and notifications and then phone ringtone, again chosing a song from the list.   I honestly don't know if the phone picked these up off the verizon cloud or if they were loaded into the phone... I must say I'm actually quite adept at windows, and worked in telephony engineering my entire career but really struggle with the "logic" used in this phone... so much so that I've considered going back to a flip phone with basic weather/GPS type internet features.....  These "smart phones" aren't for truly active outdoors people on the go... Anyway, thank you for your assistance.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AK48

These modern day smartphones are literally mini-computers. Lets get this working for you again. How did you create these custom ringtones? Did you use a specific application?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes