Droid Turbo receiving error message when accessing audio text message. Any suggestions?
Oly15

Droid Turbo receiving error message when accessing audio text message.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo receiving error message when accessing audio text message. Any suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get your sound messages error free, . What is the error message? Do these errors appear when the message arrives or when you go back to replay the audio?  What type of file is the audio message?  Let's explore what's going on.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo receiving error message when accessing audio text message. Any suggestions?
Oly15

The error message is "Error while playing audio, please retry." When it arrives and when I try to replay it. Its a multimedia message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly odd Oly15. Let's delve in a bit deeper as normally, error messages for audio messages are received if the file format is not supported. Do you know the file format for the audio message trying to be sent (i.e. .mp3, .wav etc.)? Can you tell how long the message is for?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DonziZ255
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue. The message is a .qpc file from my father who is also a Verizon customer. It is 12 seconds long.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How disappointing it must be to not be able to hear that message, DonziZ55. I live more than 1,000 miles away from my father. I keeping in touch with him, hearing his voice. I'd want this functionality as well. I've looked into the supported file formats for the Droid Turbo (also my device model). While the .qcp format is known in the wireless community, it is not supported by the Droid Turbo's fundamental operating system. Although I can't confirm the existence of (or make recommendation for) a specific application that would provide that support, you can search for anything that might help. Good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes