Droid Turbo - No simultaneous voice and data!
BrianCT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received my new Droid Turbo last Friday and I discovered that it wasn't capable of simultaneous voice and data.  I believe it needs to receive an OTA update from Verizon to upgrade it to Advanced Calling 1.0.  I don't know when or if this update will come out.  I called Verizon support and they couldn't tell me anything either.

Can anyone from Verizon on the forum comment on this?

I have 14 days to return the phone so I would like to know what to expect.

Thanks,

Brian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo - No simultaneous voice and data!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BrianCT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Ann

0 Likes
savragtop

I just received my Turbo today and found out there is no voice data... pretty sad they do not tell you this at the customer service level.. if they had told me I would not order it.. sending it back tomorrow.. My droid that is three years old can talk and data.. they should have waited to push this phone out.. no clear date as to when the new software is going to be out for it to be able to do voice data... MAYBE at the end of the year...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There is a reason why it doesn't and that's why the phone is priced cheaper and has better specs than devices in it's price range. XLTE allows simultaneously do both. Also doing this forces everyone to move forward so they can retire their older networks.

Much like Sprint stopping their Wimax for LTE. T

dagre

Verizon should be ashamed at releasing the Turbo.   Just what we need a poorly planned rollout.  My Droid Razor was fine but the battery failed.  It was of course unreplaceable (great concept there;  device worth hundreds in which you can't replace the battery).  They sold me this inadequet device.  Shame on them

0 Likes
Not applicable

An update is just around the corner. If you're disappointed in the phone you should have returned it within the 14 day window. What does your disappointment in the Turbo have to do with your  Razor's battery?

rcschnoor
Legend

dagre wrote:

My Droid Razor was fine but the battery failed.  It was of course unreplaceable (great concept there;  device worth hundreds in which you can't replace the battery). They sold me this inadequet device.

Of course I'm sure you mean "not user replaceable".

The most popular phone series of all time has a battery which is "not user replaceable". This is not a new thing. If you want a phone which has a user replaceable battery, it would seem you should purchase one.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Never buy anything without doing your homework first.     You had to know at time of purchase about the battery not being user replaceable I'm sure. It has been and still is SOP to form in that battery for size reduction in certain phone lines. I have a current HTC model with a molded in battery that is much smaller in size and weight then any of my latest Samsungs. Check the specs. before you buy to save yourself trouble.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to love your new phone dagre. What issues are you having with your device? We can trouble-shoot issues and provide you with the next step towards resolution.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes