Droid Turbo - Caller ID Crippled by Lollipop
dcsang

I created a prior post with this issue for my Droid Razr Maxx HD back when KitKat was release and cannot believe it reoccurred with my Droid Turbo after the Lollipop update.  I have a private number, which requires a "*82" prefix for trusted phonebook entries to allow those recipients to see my Caller ID.  For example, friends and family are stored as "*82 XXX-XXX-XXXX".  When I receive a call from any of these contacts my Droid Turbo doesn't find an EXACT phonebook match and only displays the incoming number without the name.  My Visual Voicemail call log does not recognize the phonebook entry either because of the the "*82" prefix and only displays the caller's number.

Creating an additional number for these contacts without the"*82" prefix is a workaround but this is not a feasible or acceptable solution considering the large number of contacts involved.  This was not an issue prior to 5.1.

After contacting Motorola and enduring multiple device resets they ultimately concluded that this is a Google/Android OS matter because the problem extends beyond the Droid Turbo.  Please resolve this because my device has been crippled since July.  Can Verizon/Motorola/Google please fix this ridiculous problem?  I hear rumors of 6.0 for this device and certainly hope this bug is permanently squashed by then!

Labels (1)
0 Likes