Droid Turbo 2 ---- Group Text Issues
DrewLarry

I am not receiving replies to Group Text messages only from "some" of my contacts.  I can communicate with them on a single thread but do not receive their response on group chats.  I am switching from an iPhone 5s and made sure the imessage is no longer associated with my cell #

For example:  group texted my Wife and Mom and only received a message back from my Wife, did not see my Mom's response.  They are both iPhone users and have never had this issue before.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo 2 ---- Group Text Issues
bmzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got mine to work - was only having issues with friends on iphones - by having them delete ALL texts, individual and in groups, with me, and delete me from their contacts. I did the same on my turbo 2. I rebooted my phone, added them as contacts, and now my group texts to them work, I can see their replies. This was after taking all of the steps to deregister my old iPhone, logging out of all apple stuff, etc. Total pain in the butt but ultimately it worked.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand the urgency of needing to send/receive group messages, DrewLarry. I really appreciate the details, as it helps us understand exactly what's going on. What Messaging app are you using? Please try using the stock app on the phone to see if all of your messages go through successfully, and keep us posted. 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
DrewLarry

I have been using the Messenger + app (red)

I will try the original stock app (green)

0 Likes
bmzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same FRUSTRATING problem. I just switched from iPhone 5 to a Droid Turbo 2 and can't get replies to group texts. I have used a variety of texting apps (stock app, message+, hangouts, etc.). I have de-registered my iPhone, I've taken all the steps suggested in forums that I have researched (logging out of iTunes, etc.). It does not work. I can get replies when I send individually, but in group messages, anyone with an iPhone does not show up when they reply, but they can see what I send. PLEASE help me resolve this!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

0 Likes
DrewLarry

I'm also still having the SAME issues.

I went past the 30 days switching from iPhone 6 to Droid Turbo II so I can't switch back without astronomical costs.  I've been to the Verizon store, spoke to reps on the phone from Verizon and Apple.  They have not given any answers on why the group messaging feature "sometimes" does not work.

I specifically can't get messages from only some people and made sure all "Options" for group messaging are on.

I have tried 3-4 different Google messaging apps including stock, Plus and others.  HELP!?!?

0 Likes
DrewLarry

What else can we do to correct this issue??Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having these frustrating issues with the messages is never the way we want you to experience your service. We are glad you reached out to us today for assistance. Did you unregister your old iPhone from iMessage. Are there any error messages you are getting? Let's get you some answers and see what is happening here. The more details the better.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DrewLarry

I am still having AWFUL issues with not receiving text messages.

How can we fix this.  It's both group and standard individual SMS messages.

Can someone from Verizon please help?!  DionM_VZW@

0 Likes
bmzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got mine to work - was only having issues with friends on iphones - by having them delete ALL texts, individual and in groups, with me, and delete me from their contacts. I did the same on my turbo 2. I rebooted my phone, added them as contacts, and now my group texts to them work, I can see their replies. This was after taking all of the steps to deregister my old iPhone, logging out of all apple stuff, etc. Total pain in the butt but ultimately it worked.  Good luck!

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Turbo 2 seems to have some lingering issues. I hope Android M fixes these problems.

0 Likes